Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor wifi connection- is it this neighbouring network's fault?

Options
  • 04-11-2014 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Recently my wifi connection is abysmal(500ms ping in Teamspeak, constant disconnects in games). Looking at the channel usage, I see there is a network that is spanning 8 channels of the 2.4 band- would this explain my poor connection?

327367.PNG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Recently my wifi connection is abysmal(500ms ping in Teamspeak, constant disconnects in games). Looking at the channel usage, I see there is a network that is spanning 8 channels of the 2.4 band- would this explain my poor connection?

327367.PNG

Yes, run a cable or get homeplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

What's your ssid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

The UPC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

The UPC one.
    It the orange network causing you the problem, its using the same channels. Can you set your router to the 5Ghz band?

I tried using 5Ghz, but none of the devices in the house seem to support it- nobody could get connected.

I set the router to use wide channels(part of 802.11n?), and that seems to have helped a lot.

I will pick up a pair of homeplugs and see how they work tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I installed homeplugs and they work really really well!

Advertisement