Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in After Hours

Options
  • 30-09-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

Link to thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057501544

I made a light hearted comment which is very mild considering its After Hours and some of the daily stuff that's said there.

Surely an infraction is a bit heavy handed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you discussed this with the mod, as per the first step in the DRP process?

If not, please do so. If you both cannot reach a solution to this, then come back here & let me know. Please also forward me copies of the Pm discussion with the mod.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

We have discussed it but disagree on the post in question it seems.

I have forwarded on the pms.

Thank you.

Cheers. I'll take a look at this for you.

Hi there.

Thanks for the PMs.

The reason for the infraction (which may appear to be somewhat harsh) is that we have been actively stamping down on sexism in After Hours (& across the site).

While we do not wish to dampen the banter & light-hearted nature of the discussion we need to take a hard line on certain remarks in an effort to keep sexism/misogyny/misandry out of the forum.

From the PMs I can see that this was explained by the mod concerned. As CMod - I am now reinforcing the message.

If you can confirm that you understand the reason for the harshness of the mod action in these circumstances, I am willing to remove the infraction. I am sure the mod would have also been willing to do the same if this had been accepted during the attempts to resolve this prior to this appeal.

Let me know...

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Had forgotten about this sorry for the delay replying.

Do you not think there were far worse posts in that thread to take a hard line on though.

I just find it hard to know where the line is if mine is out of order but the other I quoted is acceptable.

If the mod had given me any inclination of the infraction being removed during the pms I would have accepted that and not come here of course.

Anyway I shall try and be more careful in regards to the topics you mentioned in future. Thanks for looking into this.

• Advertisement

The actions of others aren't up for discussion here.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Anyway I shall try and be more careful in regards to the topics you mentioned in future. Thanks for looking into this.
    On this basis, I'll remove the card.

All the best,

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement