Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly banned

Options
  • 04-09-2015 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I received an unmerited one month ban from After hours for a comment that a moderator didn't like, on the grounds that he/she felt that I was being uncivil. I don't make the facts, but the fact is that young muslim men have been commiting so many rapes in Sweden that Sweden has now become the second highest rape capital of the world. 5% of the population of Sweden are Muslim, 77% of the rapes are committed by Muslims. That is not a nice statistic, but it is accurate. I don't think that the proposed policy of allowing very large numbers of North African migrants into Europe is a good thing and like everybody else, I'm entitled to that opinion.

I chose to close my previous account in the name of Pumpkinseeds for my own reasons and twice since I've re-registered a mod has made an issue of the fact that I re-registered. I received a pm from one moderator telling me that I'd received a warning, when I queried why I'd received the warning I was told that I hadn't done anything, and that it was just to let all the other mods know that I had re-registered:confused: In this current ban I've been told that I didn't receive a warning based on my previous account, which is utterly ridiculous. Clearly Asylum Seeking and Economic Migration are very seperate issues and both cause contention and raise tensions, but that being said Boards is a discussion forum and I don't believe that my post warranted a ban, at most it should have received a warning and I really don't believe it even warranted that.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You seem to be confusing "I'm entitled to an opinion" with "I'm entitled to express any opinion I want on someone else's website without consequences".

When the opinion you're expressing is "Muslims are rapists", you quickly discover the distinction.

The ban is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement