Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oil deliveries, (filling hose volume)

• 19-04-2014 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

okay i know meters cant be rigged,
    but lets say i order 500 litres,
    if oil truck has just filled up at depot and the hose is empty,
    (i believe the contants of the hose are about 80-100 litres,)
    when he starts filling into my tank, he has to fill the hose first before it hits my tank,
    there fore i get 420 litres
    is this statement true???
    also if his next customer want clean or green desiel, he has to empty his hose of kerosene
    and the next customer would get short??
    also how would they purge the hose of oil if this was the case?
    any taughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The volume of oil between the meter and valve is pre-evaluated and the meter will not register that volume and start to register once that volume has passed the meter.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The hose is always full. There is a spring-loaded valve at the nozzle to prevent drainage due to gravity.

For a different product delivery, the driver would change to the next product at (in your example of 500L and hose volume of 80) 420L and continue pumping until 500. That way you get your 500 and the correct different product is in the hose for next delivery.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

All truck Meyers are inspected by nsai to ensure correct calabration.

if you look at your print out you will see an auto adjustments to allow for temperature changes is the fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

esox28 wrote: »
    All truck Meyers are inspected by nsai to ensure correct calabration.

if you look at your print out you will see an auto adjustments to allow for temperature changes is the fuel.

A poster called JREWING ( not sure if spelling is correct)
    He's got a closed or banned account now, highlighted according to him, ways to fiddle the meter which were interesting. (about a year ago )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

If it was made by man
    Man can can bypass it
    Someone was telling me about bypassing water meters looked dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

Reminds me of watching kids at a petrol station with a can. After each car used the pump they would straighten out the hose and drain it into the can.don't know if petrol pumps are calibrated to take account of the hose?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Some Oil men are scammers I know one and none of his family pay for oil because he leaves people short and keeps it himself

This thread is going from bad to worse. You should get an infringement for such a sweeping statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

I probably will not fair to say all are but there is a few that keep some for them selfs ...

anthonyos wrote: »
    I probably will not fair to say all are but there is a few that keep some for them selfs ...

Ok. That sounds better. Last post was out of character for you.

• Advertisement

MOD
    OP I think your question was well answered in the first two or three posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement