Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom fibre ballinasloe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

iscom wrote: »
    Today there was three ESB vans at the Cuil Na Cuil Canalght box today and my my only thought was the average wage of a ESB worker is €65,000 a year and how many does it take to change a light bulb :D. . . so just need the cabinet to be fitted now

:D
    They were installing a new mini pillar.
    The mini pillar beside the new cabinet will take it's feed from it.

KN did the ground work for it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iscom

kaizersoze wrote: »
    :D
    They were installing a new mini pillar.
    The mini pillar beside the new cabinet will take it's feed from it.

KN did the ground work for it yesterday.

Yes they dug a trench across the road to meet the plinth and esb box which was built the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

so the hymany and cunalach cabs should land next,,,hope to god the developer in Esker Hills doesnt block them from putting one in their,,im looking at 70mb when and if it lands beside the current copper cab

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    so the hymany and cunalach cabs should land next,,,hope to god the developer in Esker Hills doesnt block them from putting one in their,,im looking at 70mb when and if it lands beside the current copper cab

I have a feeling the'll put it across the road in the green area. Close to the big ESB sub. Could be wrong though.

was thinking that myself as it would look a bit silly beside the current one with the black fence around it,,,i sent an email to Paul Connaughton to shed some light and see if there is an issue with the developer,,if thats the case i wont be long ringing to see what the problem is.

was thinking that myself as it would look a bit silly beside the current one with the black fence around it,,,i sent an email to Paul Connaughton to shed some light and see if there is an issue with the developer,,if thats the case i wont be long ringing to see what the problem is.

I doubt there is really. If there was going to be a problem anywhere I thought it would be in Cúil Na Canálacht but no. They're just not doing them in any particular order.
    There are a few big ones left to be done yet. They'll get to it.

Cúil Na Canálacht cab.....
    281556.jpg

Hymany Park......
    281557.jpg

they seem to be working on the cab across the road from finns pub in town

they seem to be working on the cab across the road from finns pub in town

Yep. That's the Millrace cab.

They must have most done now,,which ones are left do ya know?

• Advertisement

They must have most done now,,which ones are left do ya know?

Esker Hills
    Upper Brackernagh
    Glantaun
    Creagh
    Ashfield Drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm having awful trouble this past 2 weeks, in Hillcrest, on Vodafone with one of the Silver eircom modems and and the connection keeps dropping. Not a red light, just no DSL light and no internet light. I keep restarting the modem and sometimes is connects, but it's usually for less then a minute. It's breaking our hearts here. Rang Vodafone tech but there was nothing he could do his end. Do I just wait it out for eircom to finish the work while Vodafone keep charging me for a service I'm not getting?

flazio wrote: »
    I'm having awful trouble this past 2 weeks, in Hillcrest, on Vodafone with one of the Silver eircom modems and and the connection keeps dropping. Not a red light, just no DSL light and no internet light. I keep restarting the modem and sometimes is connects, but it's usually for less then a minute. It's breaking our hearts here. Rang Vodafone tech but there was nothing he could do his end. Do I just wait it out for eircom to finish the work while Vodafone keep charging me for a service I'm not getting?

Try a different modem if you can. Those silver ones are old and dying like flies lately.
    PM me if you're stuck for one. I should have something here. I haven't heard of anyone else with problems around Hillcrest.

Got a new modem from Argos, much improved. Thanks :)

what type of modem did you buy if you dont mind me asking?

TP Link TD-W8969 300mps modem €45.99
    Before anyone tells me I could have got better online, bear in mind I couldn't get online.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    TP Link TD-W8969 300mps modem €45.99
    Before anyone tells me I could have got better online, bear in mind I couldn't get online.

TP Link is fine.
    Hopefully you'll be getting a fibre modem soon. :D

what speeds are ye getting at the minute

Got word from Paul Connaughton today,,he got an email from a guy at eircom called Paul Bradley,,,the guts of it says that all planned cabs have been approved wayleave and that customer should be able to order the third week in January with a go live date for the last week in Feb,,he also said that they have to wait 28days to allow other operators to market the product,,,so all in all not long toi wait for decent broadband:D

Paul Bradley is Director of Corporate Affairs.

Paul Bradley is Director of Corporate Affairs.

i suppose we shall wait and see if it pans out like this but he sounded fairly definitive

• Advertisement

Feb is what I'm hearing as well.
    I'm still trying to find out about the 17th cab in Lios Garbh that's not listed for upgrade.

was there ever an updated list on the NGA Development Plan,,the only one i can find is June 13

First cab appears to be commissioned. 'Tis all stickered up.
    It's the one at Kilgarve. BSE1-001A

It looks like the ESB was doing the power connections for the Cuil Na Canalaght Box on Friday 6/12

It looks like the ESB was doing the power connections for the Cuil Na Canalaght Box on Friday 6/12

They were connecting up the one in Society Street today as well.

Today Wednesday 11th two eircom staff fixing cables to the boxes looks like they where connecting cables from the old box to the new box I ask how long would be for to connected "About Two Months" was the reply. . So not gona be this side of Christmas :( but something to look forward to in the New Year

Today Wednesday 11th two eircom staff fixing cables to the boxes looks like they where connecting cables from the old box to the new box I ask how long would be for to connected "About Two Months" was the reply. . So not gona be this side of Christmas :( but something to look forward to in the New Year

It's been listed for February for a while now and I even have my doubts about that.

It's been listed for February for a while now and I even have my doubts about that.

Ya i would think between all the cabs that are still to land and commissioned etc,,,it could be the middle of next year at this rate before were good to go

2 more cabs seem to be completed and commissioned.
    Society Street - BSE1_009A
    Pollboy - BSE1_008A

any sign of any of the remaining cabs to be installed of late?

• Advertisement

any sign of any of the remaining cabs to be installed of late?

The cab on Bridge Street at Millrace landed this morning. The plinth has been in place for a fortnight or more. Nothing started on the 5 remaining cabs.

Fibre Broadband Available.....but not all areas.

287803.png

Cleaghmore/Deerpark...

287804.PNG

Derrymullen.....

287805.PNG

Yes from Eircom. No from Vodafone.

Cabinet areas enabled so far, according to Eircom.......
    Kilgarve Park/Hawthorn
    Cleaghmore/Deerpark
    Society Street/Sarsfield Road/Mount Pleasant
    Hillcrest/Moher/Beechlawn
    Polboy/Meadowbrook/Old Mill Road
    Lower Brackernagh/St. Josephs/St.Teresas Park
    Garbally Drive/Bachelors Walk

Yes from Eircom. No from Vodafone.

Cabinet areas enabled so far, according to Eircom.......
    Kilgarve Park/Hawthorn
    Cleaghmore/Deerpark
    Society Street/Sarsfield Road/Mount Pleasant
    Hillcrest/Moher/Beechlawn
    Polboy/Meadowbrook/Old Mill Road
    Lower Brackernagh/St. Josephs/St.Teresas Park
    Garbally Drive/Bachelors Walk

Are the cabs out that direction commissioned though

Are the cabs out that direction commissioned though

Yes. Commissioned & live apparently.
    Live cabs....
    Kilgarve.
    Society St.
    Cleaghmore.
    Pollboy (@Square D).
    Hillcrest.
    Garbally Drive.
    Lower Brackernagh (@Motor Factors).

Yes. Commissioned & live apparently.
    Live cabs....
    Kilgarve.
    Society St.
    Cleaghmore.
    Pollboy (@Square D).
    Hillcrest.
    Garbally Drive.
    Lower Brackernagh (@Motor Factors).

Feck it anyway,,still no cab in Esker Hills,,the waiting continues,,i checked my mam's address and she can get 70mb

Feck it anyway,,still no cab in Esker Hills,,the waiting continues,,i checked my mam's address and she can get 70mb

KN & Eircom engineers at my cab in Derrymullen today surveying.

Still 3 or 4 cabs to land,,likewise there were eircom guys at the esker hills area today.

Debating whether to switch to vodafone or stay with Eircom

Well any sign of a cab there yet mate?

• Advertisement

Well any sign of a cab there yet mate?

No. Nothing yet.
    From an Eircom contact......
    They were having problems with accessing power but I think they have a plan now. There's only one pole nearby but they cannot take power from a pole with a street light as the council are paying for it. CIE ignored their requests for access to power in the station carpark. Nearest mini pillar is is Ashfield drive. Looks like the cab will be going in there close to the power.

They are awaiting the contractor to return. That's the delay.
    3 cabs in planning for their return. I believe the Derrymullen cab is one. Not sure of the other 2 yet.

Hymany cab is now commissioned & live.
    Cúil an Canálacht is commissioned but not live for some reason.
    Millrace cab is awaiting power.

Orders being accepted for Ballinasloe from Tuesday next 21st.

No. Nothing yet.
    From an Eircom contact......
    They were having problems with accessing power but I think they have a plan now. There's only one pole nearby but they cannot take power from a pole with a street light as the council are paying for it. CIE ignored their requests for access to power in the station carpark. Nearest mini pillar is is Ashfield drive. Looks like the cab will be going in there close to the power.

They are awaiting the contractor to return. That's the delay.
    3 cabs in planning for their return. I believe the Derrymullen cab is one. Not sure of the other 2 yet.

Hymany cab is now commissioned & live.
    Cúil an Canálacht is commissioned but not live for some reason.
    Millrace cab is awaiting power.

Orders being accepted for Ballinasloe from Tuesday next 21st.

If you here of the other 2 cabs let me know,,,cheers

Millrace/Riverstreet cab was energised/powered yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

Just checked on vodafone website and I can get 70mb Max. Just rang them and received e-mail that engineer will fit Monday :)

Happy Days

Just checked for a friend in Roscarn and he isn't able to be get fibre yet on either Eircom or Vodafone.

Edit: Im in Beechlawn

Just checked on vodafone website and I can get 70mb Max. Just rang them and received e-mail that engineer will fit Monday :)

Happy Days

Just checked for a friend in Roscarn and he isn't able to be get fibre yet on either Eircom or Vodafone.

Edit: Im in Beechlawn

Nice.:) Report back on your speeds.

Strange about Roscarn. I would have thought it was on the Kilgarve cab across the road which is live. They may be on the cab at Creagh church whhich hasn't been done yet.

Nice.:) Report back on your speeds.

Strange about Roscarn. I would have thought it was on the Kilgarve cab across the road which is live. They may be on the cab at Creagh church whhich hasn't been done yet.

Im amazed at that speed offering for beechlawn,,considering the cab is at square d?,,,still no sign of a cab in Esker Hills FFS hurry up will ye

• Advertisement

Im amazed at that speed offering for beechlawn,,considering the cab is at square d?,,,still no sign of a cab in Esker Hills FFS hurry up will ye

Most if not all of Beechlawn in on the Hillcrest cab.

Back in town this morning. Started work on the Glantaun cab.

Ok so back with an update. Line is done and getting 3.2 down and 1.2 up. I was expecting a little more but the upload is great.

63S8WEb.jpg

Ok so back with an update. Line is done and getting 3.2 down and 1.6 up. I was expecting a little more but the upload is great.

63S8WEb.jpg

26 down/8 up. That's quiet a bit off 70.:)

With 17.2 attenuation I take it you're either over near the Pollboy crossroads or up in Beechlawn Heights.:)

Go to www.speedtest.net and run a test.

Yeah ran a speedtest earlier and it was 26/7. In the worst position between the two cabs but hey it works :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement