Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ugh, need to take risks now being about 20 points behind two rivals and not making much ground this week - what are folks view on Wickham - he has scored 3 goals in last 2 games, Sunderland have massive games coming up and need goals, Johnson seems to be hot and cold and doesn't last 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

looking at mata and rooney in for lukaku and lallana.
    also want rid of distin.

united worry me though, hard to know how they'll play. there's nothing left to play for and although these last 4 games could determine whether moyes stays or not he seems incapable of getting the best out of the team.

will leave any decision though until i see how city get on tomorrow.
    I've kept yaya in my team and will give him every chance to make the dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    ugh, need to take risks now being about 20 points behind two rivals and not making much ground this week - what are folks view on Wickham - he has scored 3 goals in last 2 games, Sunderland have massive games coming up and need goals, Johnson seems to be hot and cold and doesn't last 90 mins.

20 points isn't much at all tbh. There are 3 GWs left including a double gameweek for a few teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bringing in Ramsey for Lallana, and probably Aguero for Studge. Will worry about Rooney the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hogey007 wrote: »
    looking at mata and rooney in for lukaku and lallana.
    also want rid of distin.

united worry me though, hard to know how they'll play. there's nothing left to play for and although these last 4 games could determine whether moyes stays or not he seems incapable of getting the best out of the team.

will leave any decision though until i see how city get on tomorrow.
    I've kept yaya in my team and will give him every chance to make the dgw.

I'm a united fan and I have mata. Will not be getting in Rooney next week. Possibly not at all. May just upgrade boruc to de gea instead and go jelavic as 3rd striker
    Rooney as usual looks like an overpaid overweight slob after a short lay off. Sorry for the rant :(

km79 wrote: »
    I'm a united fan and I have mata. Will not be getting in Rooney next week. Possibly not at all. May just upgrade boruc to de gea instead and go jelavic as 3rd striker
    Rooney as usual looks like an overpaid overweight slob after a short lay off. Sorry for the rant :(

united fan too and painful times!

rooney looked out of sorts today but over the next 2 gameweeks he faces norwich at home, then sunderland and hull at home. he's the type of player that 1 goal can spark a glut. if i don't bring him in i'd just be leaving lukaku there away to southampton and he can be very hit and miss too.

i have 30 points to make up and my opponent can't afford rooney without some major surgery so thinking i might just gamble on him. no one else is jumping out at me. wouldn't mind podolski v newcastle as newcastle are shocking but as i'd be most likely taking a hit i can kind of justify it for rooney as he has 2 matches next week.
    will see anyway, not too tight for money so can afford to let lukaku drop in price.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    united fan too and painful times!

rooney looked out of sorts today but over the next 2 gameweeks he faces norwich at home, then sunderland and hull at home. he's the type of player that 1 goal can spark a glut. if i don't bring him in i'd just be leaving lukaku there away to southampton and he can be very hit and miss too.

i have 30 points to make up and my opponent can't afford rooney without some major surgery so thinking i might just gamble on him. no one else is jumping out at me. wouldn't mind podolski v newcastle as newcastle are shocking but as i'd be most likely taking a hit i can kind of justify it for rooney as he has 2 matches next week.
    will see anyway, not too tight for money so can afford to let lukaku drop in price.
    Today was a depress fest. Distin was my Everton defender. Mirallis was on my bench .
    Had fully planned on bringing Rooney in but I really have to wonder whether its united blinkers even with those fixtures. The manager will still be the same...,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

United fan here too and have to agree. Getting one or two Arsenal attackers for the Newcastle game is vital, IMO, and if that means not getting Rooney, I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney was poor today and has been in almost every game against decent teams this season bar arsenal and chelsea at home. Granted utd have struggled in those games which hasnt helped rooney. I think Ill still go for him once rvp isnt fit. If rvp is fit it lessens rooneys appeal I feel.

• Advertisement

United fan here too and have to agree. Getting one or two Arsenal attackers for the Newcastle game is vital, IMO, and if that means not getting Rooney, I can live with it.

Ramsey in for sure. And now possibly podolski .....as captain!

i did mention podolski in my first post and you's have me giving him a lot more thought.
    is there any word on giroud's injury? which might mean podolski playing upfront rather than out wide.
    i mentioned it in another thread but having seen newcastle a few teams recently they are atrocious!! arsenal could easily put 8 past them again this season.
    whether it's podolski or rooney i have i plan to switch back to sturridge for gw38 as it's likely to be liverpool's title celebration day and they could rack up a cricket score v newcastle. (sorry if there's any newcastle fans on here, i'm just glad there's a team worse than my man united at the moment)

will most likely captain ramsey even if i bring in rooney or podolski.

Looking at the teams playing in the DGW below, not much stands out imo.

City - with yaya and Silva a doubt to feature in both games of the DGW, probably not worth having either, Aguero if he looks sharp tomorrow could be a good buy.

United - No player stood out today to risk bringing in, but the next 3 games are at home, and if they click they could score well for next few weeks.

Sunderland - Johnson is hot and cold - more cold though, and not guaranteed to play 90 minutes or even start. Conor Wickham could be a cheap alternative for the DGW - 3 in 2 games, Sunderland have favourable fixtures to stay up and will fight for it.

Villa/West Brom/Hull - realistically if you don't have any defender off these teams by now, your not going to waste a transfer.

Therefore based on that, I'm tempted with Podolski, Arsenal are clicking now that Ramsey is back and need to keep the goals coming with Everton chasing hard.

Sturridge to Podolski
    Lukaku to Agüero (maybe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Yaya has to go out for Ramsey, lucky to have Sterling on my bench for today.

One other pick, might as well be a DGW player, not sure who though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ramsey in for sure. And now possibly podolski .....as captain!

Yep, those two are on my list, for a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

2 transfers for me this week. lukaku to pod, and bassong to kosc. decided to keep mirallas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

who to drop to get rambo in?

erikson no
    mata no
    gerrard?
    yaya (with a double looming)
    puncheon...how can I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How likely are United clean sheets over the next three do yous think?

Norwich and Hull don't score many away, Sunderland who knows.

DDG on my mind maybe.

FHFC wrote: »
    How likely are United clean sheets over the next three do yous think?

Norwich and Hull don't score many away, Sunderland who knows.

DDG on my mind maybe.

He is the only one I'd consider

manual_man wrote: »
    2 transfers for me this week. lukaku to pod, and bassong to kosc. decided to keep mirallas

you sure about kosc? Arsenal play 2 teams that are fighting for survival and have been free scoring over the last few games, West brom have score 7 in the last 3 games, while Arsenal haven't been great at the back.

Might be better picking a player that has a DGW -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

mailburner wrote: »

erikson no
    mata no
    gerrard?
    puncheon...how can I?

I think I'm going to sell Gerrard for him and hope that Pool don't get any more penalties this season :o

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »

erikson no
    mata no
    gerrard?
    puncheon...how can I?

Gerrard at home against Chelsea in a game they can't afford to lose, I wouldn't be dropping him (I have him),

As I said above, Yaya might have a double coming up - but will he play both games?

If your not going to play Puncheon then is there much point holding on to him?

I think I'm going to sell Gerrard for him and hope that Pool don't get any more penalties this season :o

that was my initial thought mabye getting in sterling for the last game
    the more i look at how consisten gerrard has been the harder I find
    it to drop him
    considering dropping skrtel also as I cant see pool keeping
    a clean sheet away to palace or at home to chelsea

yaya could be a great differential with the two above me
    getting rid and thats what stopping me doing the same

you sure about kosc? Arsenal play 2 teams that are fighting for survival and have been free scoring over the last few games, West brom have score 7 in the last 3 games, while Arsenal haven't been great at the back.

Might be better picking a player that has a DGW -

Pretty sure. 2/3 at home, where have been very mean defensively, also kos seems to be most likely to get baps, had him b4 got injured and served me v well. Arsenal are doing their usual trick of turning on the style in order to ensure champs league qual, so I'm happy to have 3 Gooners from this week on (already have Rambo)

Gerrard at home against Chelsea in a game they can't afford to lose, I wouldn't be dropping him (I have him),

As I said above, Yaya might have a double coming up - but will he play both games?

If your not going to play Puncheon then is there much point holding on to him?

I don't think I can drop gerrard alright but with 40 to make up
    and the lad above me getting in gerrard and erikson this week to make
    or teams more alike is hurting me
    ive had gerrard since gw 21

Find it hard to drop punch either as he and speroni have been
    the main reason im 40 behind now compared to over 100 behind
    5 weeks back
    I'm not that worried they have city next esp at home when given
    their tremendous run
    need to have as many different players as I can and leaving
    gerrard out may be the gamble i have to take
    same player would have to drop gerrard mirallas erik or mata to
    get in rambo which I dont see him doing myself

erik is undroppable right now

mata on a dgw same story

guessing it has to be yaya who ive had the longest (gw2) but if
    he got to play the double it could make all the difference

Pretty sure. 2/3 at home, where have been very mean defensively, also kos seems to be most likely to get baps, had him b4 got injured and served me v well. Arsenal are doing their usual trick of turning on the style in order to ensure champs league qual, so I'm happy to have 3 Gooners from this week on (already have Rambo)

they haven't kept a clean sheet at home in the last 7 games - over 2 months :confused:

they haven't kept a clean sheet at home in the last 7 games - over 2 months :confused:

thats coz kosc was out ;)

thats coz kosc was out ;)

he was still playing in the other 5, anyway your call, just giving my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That is 7 games, not 7 home games. Misleading stat.

arsenal have 9 cs (from17) at home if i've counted correctly. anyway we'll see, i always base decisions on form, it might be different if arsenal weren't fighting for something themself, but they need 4th place, and they're simply just streets better than their remaining 3 opponents when on form, kind of expecting 2/3 cs from these last games, that and a few baps for kosc and i'd be mighty happy

CSF wrote: »
    That is 7 games, not 7 home games. Misleading stat.

No I'm looking at last 7 home games only - 12 Feb against united last CS at home.
    and Koscielny played in the Cup and CL games.

Premier League Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
    Premier League Arsenal 1-1 Man City
    Premier League Arsenal 2-2 Swansea
    FA Cup - Sixth Round Arsenal 4-1 Everton
    Premier League Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
    Champions League - Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich
    FA Cup - Fifth Round Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
    Premier League Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd (Wed 12 Feb)

• Advertisement

No I'm looking at last 7 home games only - 12 Feb against united last CS at home.

Well only really prem league games should be referred to imo, but even that aside, 4/7 were City/Bayern/Liverpool and Everton, not teams you'd expect them to shut out, and certainly of a lot higher calibre than Newcastle and West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Newcastle is nearly a guaranteed cleansheet for Arsenal unless they do something momentously stupid.

They're terrible. Arsenal getting their first clean sheet in what'sbeen ages would give me hope that they can now hold tighter at the back, and deliver more clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Throwing in non-Premiership games of competitions in the latter stages against Bayern, Liverpool and Everton is fairly ridiculous but sure gwan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

12.2 to replace Lukaku...

Any suggestions?

Had planned Rooney but his woeful showing yesterday has turned me right off. Already have Suarez and Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Had planned Rooney but his woeful showing yesterday has turned me right off. Already have Suarez and Aguero.

Giroud? Didn't do much yesterday, but the have good fixtures.

Giroud? Didn't do much yesterday, but the have good fixtures.

Have Ramsey and was thinking about Podolski more than Giroud.

Any suggestions?

I'm still going to go for him. Think I'll take a -4. Rooney and Ransey in for Lallana and Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any suggestions?

i still think rooney is the best option.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm still going to go for him. Think I'll take a -4. Rooney and Ransey in for Lallana and Lukaku.

Exact same transfers in mind. Done the Ramsey one already, having talked myself out of taking a hit to do it on Sat morning.

As I'm currently out of the running in everything I'm also tempted to take a punt on getting in De Gea for another -4 as I'd expect him to get more clean sheets than my current keeper options over the he next two GWs.

DDG - Norwich, Hull, Sunderland (all home)
    Speroni - Man City (h), Liverpool (h)
    Adrian-WBA (a), Spurs (h)

With the DGW and gametime security it's effectively a 2pt hit, it's a matter of whether United are investable. Was gonna ask what you think but I think I've already talked myself into it....it's not impossible United could get three clean sheets, quite probably two.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Exact same transfers in mind. Done the Ramsey one already, having talked myself out of taking a hit to do it on Sat morning.

As I'm currently out of the running in everything I'm also tempted to take a punt on getting in De Gea for another -4 as I'd expect him to get more clean sheets than my current keeper options over the he next two GWs.

DDG - Norwich, Hull, Sunderland (all home)
    Speroni - Man City (h), Liverpool (h)
    Adrian-WBA (a), Spurs (h)

With the DGW and gametime security it's effectively a 2pt hit, it's a matter of whether United are investable. Was gonna ask what you think but I think I've already talked myself into it....it's not impossible United could get three clean sheets, quite probably two.

Moyes is a complete headwreck. Mata and Rooney are as far as I'll go with United. Who knows what team Moyes may throw out. He may even give Lindegard a run out for all we know.

My transfer plans are:

GW36 - Ramsey & Rooney.
    GW37 - Zabaleta

Would leave me fielding:

Mannone
    Chester Bardsley Zabaleta
    Eriksen Ramsey Silva Mata
    Aguero Rooney Suarez

8 DGW players with Eriksen, Ramsey and Suarez.

Those were my original thoughts just wish I hadn't seen the game yesterday.

He may even give Lindegard a run out for all we know.

This had crossed my mind. I'm kind of in roll the dice mode though, everything fallen apart lately so don't mind what happens from here, might as well take a few punts and hits.

Failing to do so last week cost me 9 points on Ramsey.

My DGW team would like then be...
    DDG
    Brown, Zab, Azpil/Kos
    Silva, Eriksen, Mata, Ramsey
    Rooney, Suarez, Aguero.

Although still tempted to keep Gerrard rather than swap for Mata next week.

nobody tempted by bony?

could be a great differential for lads needing
    to make some ground
    home to villa and soton
    away to sunder

can't be many better options out there for the remaining games surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think I'll bring Giroud in for Lukaku this week, I'll have a look at Rooney at the weekend and may bring him in for Suarez for Gw37, I could easily have no Man Utd players for their double.

Are people making plans to get Hazard back in for the last 2 matches?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just did Mata and Ramsey in for Silva and Lallana for a -4

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

RT @HLNinEngeland: Bad news for Everton. Kevin Mirallas has torn a muscle against #MUFC. Out between 3-4 weeks. Fit in time for World Cup. #EFC

ShaneU wrote: »
    RT @HLNinEngeland: Bad news for Everton. Kevin Mirallas has torn a muscle against #MUFC. Out between 3-4 weeks. Fit in time for World Cup. #EFC

That's him and Silva gone for me.

Likely now to be forced into keeping lukaku as Silva needs replacing first.

Likely now to be forced into keeping lukaku as Silva needs replacing first.

You would have to question City's medical staff or Pellegrini's decision making. Aguero, Yaya and now Silva have all aggravated injuries it appears by being rushed back too early.

You would have to question City's medical staff or Pellegrini's decision making. Aguero, Yaya and now Silva have all aggravated injuries it appears by being rushed back too early.

Apparently Kun is fine and Yaya a possible for Sunday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement