Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Situation I'm trying to change.

Options
  • 20-04-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I'm a sep father who moved out 4 years ago, I paid mortgage and lots of Maintenance during that time and rented my own home. I saw my 3 boys very regularly, However, In July 2012, My ex threw out my eldest then 14, and while drunk, asked my younger sons did they also want to live with me. They did and that weekend I collected them. Things changed for the better in their lives and she then decided she wanted them back and a year of custody battle proceeded. In July 13, I have full 100% custody of my boys and they live well with me..
    Here's my dilemma.

I still pay nearly 1000.00 per month for what was my actually my family home I brought to the marriage, and boys home till 2012. My ex's mother died in July last year and my ex has lived mostly since October 13 till this day at that house. So I have an empty old house falling into disarray that i have to pay for, and rent our current home. I am denied access to that house, locks changed and refused entry.. I want to move back in with boys and take over the home, Fix it up and put them back in their family home which is better suited to their lives.

Separation process has started but she is not engaging so far, and could take well over a year. I don't get the maintenance I should, (20 per child weekly) which is a joke, and a quarter of the mortgage. I'm down almost 3k in arrears.. I'm at my with end as I'm being told to do the right thing and sit tight.. yet its costing me so much as is..
    If it was the other way around, I'd be turfed out by a judge..
    Has anyone any advice or experience of this weird situation..
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you spoken to a family law solicitor? That would be the first step. At the same time, I would also put the wheels in motion to chase up the support arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shibumi

Ive full civil bill issued.. she wont engage.. so its limbo yet again.. hence me trying to re-take it back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If you already have a solicitor, then what did they say? I would also speak to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

if it's the family home i'm not sure what's stopping you just moving back in as you have the children

Advertisement