Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off spec. fire windows

Options
  • 19-04-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am thinking of buying a second hand house in Ireland, built in 2007 (date on windows 2007) and my engineer says 2 windows do not comply with 2006 Part B Fire Regs.

I would like to hear what are other Boards.ie members thoughts in relation to this.... Should I pull out of the sale?? What are the chances of repercussions when I try to resell the property?? Any Advice would be welcome as I am at the top of my budget for the purchase price and had not factored in new window costs when negotiating the sale price of the house.
    I don't want to lose the house by irritating the vendor to the point he tells me to take a hike!
    I can live with the small difference in window opening sizes but how big a problem is this when it is time to resell??

Any useful opinions welcome.

Comments

Advertisement