Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2014

Options
  • 17-04-2014 4:04am
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors
    Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 1]
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [4 - 0]
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [2 - 4]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4 - 3]

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks [4 - 0]
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 2]
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 1]
    Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers [4 - 3]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

How sweet it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 2]
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [4 - 1]
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [1- 4]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4 - 2]

West Playoff Matchups:

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 1]
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 3]

I think I'm most looking forward to the rockets - Blazers series

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

BQQ wrote: »

I think the Bobcats will take one or two games off the Heat based on what I saw last night. They put up a stat as well that they're something like 15-6 in their last 21 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks - 4 - 2 Pacers win - Despite their troubles, the Pacers should have enough to dispatch of the Hawks
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats - 4 - 1 Heat win - Bobcats will win a game, Heat will win the series
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets - 3 - 4 - The toughest game in the East to call. I really want the Raptors to win but I'm going with experience and a Nets win in 7
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards - 4 - 3 - Another game I can see going to a game 7. Bulls should win this but I'm not counting out the Wizards

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks - 4 - 0 - Spurs blowout the Mavs.... next!
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies - 4 - 0 - Can't see nothing but a Thunder win here
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors - 4 - 2 - Clippers win in 6. Bogut out is a massive loss to the Warriors
    Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers - 4 - 3 - The tie of the 1st rounders. A 50/50 contest but I'm going with the Rockets getting it in 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 3] Indiana to scrape through.
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [4 - 1] Heat ultimately too strong though it will be closer than 4-1 suggests
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [3 - 4] Experience will count in this one despite valiant effort from Toronto.
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4 - 1] Bulls FAR too strong for the Wiz. Ignore regular season head to head (which the Wiz won) - this is playoff basketball and it's a different game.

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks [4 - 0] Spurs machine goes on and on and on......
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 1] Think Memphis will win one game, maye even too, but OKC too quick and too good to lose over a series.
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 1] Bogut out changes this all ends up. Clips to steam roll them :(
    Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers [4 - 3] Toughest one to call in many regards (hence calling it 4-3 to hoem team) but this could easily go either way.

Most likely upset? Atlanta over Indiana.

Schedule for this weekend:

Saturday:

5.30 p.m (12.30 EST) - Nets@Raptors - ESPN
    8.30 p.m (3.30 EST) - Warriors@Clippers -ABC
    12 a.m (7 EST) - Hawks@Pacers - ESPN
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Grizzlies@Thunder - ESPN

Sunday:

6 p.m (1 EST) - Mavs@Spurs - TNT
    8.30 p.m (3.30 EST) - Bobcats@Heat - ABC
    12 a.m (7 EST) - Wizards@Bulls - TNT
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Trail Blazers@Rockets - TNT

Looking at the BT Sport schedule for Saturday, the Warriors/Clippers game could be a delayed coverage on BT Sport (they have a game in at 10.30 even though it starts at 8.30) and the Hawks/Pacers game seems to be live.

On Sunday, the Bobcats/Heat and Wizards/Bulls games both seem to be live

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks (4-2)

Despite their struggles over the past couple of months, can't look past the Pacers. Historically, the Pacers have struggled against the Hawks, especially so in Atlanta. So I can see it playing out like their match up last year.

Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats (4-1)

Big Al has given Miami fits all season, he's undoubtedly the key to this extending to more than a clean sweep against the Bobcats. I think as a whole, the Bobcats while inexperienced won't find the half court game of playoff basketball too much of an issue compared to some of the other fresh faces this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte win a couple of games given Miami's injury issues and form (there has been some tanking in there in the last few games I know that) being a bit all over the place this season, especially that of the role players it seems. One thing I've noticed when watching Charlotte games is their lack of 3 ball options. When they are cold, they're ice cold. This needs to be addressed in the off season.

Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets (3-4)

This is hard to call. Brooklyn has been damn impressive since the turn of the year. Their style of play is geared for the playoffs, and all that experience in their line up is massive, even if Kidd as a coach lacks it. I can see this going to seven games if I'm honest, and if it does, it's a coin toss, but Brooklyn after last year's shambles MUST step up a few notches from that.

Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards (4-2)

Personal wise, this is a bad match up for the Bulls, but Noah looks like a man on a mission and with Thibs, you have one of the elite coaches in the game today. Like with the other three games in the east, as a fan, I'll be rooting for the dogs at any rate.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0)

Love you Dirk, but I can't see this going more than 5 games. Not a good match up for the Mavs whatsoever. At least we get to see Dirk vs. Duncan in a playoff series one perhaps final time.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies (4-1)

Revenge spot. Westbrook plays this time around.

Memphis are in form though.

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors (4-2)

Bogut's injury is + The son of a preacher man's idiocy vs Doc Rivers experience, Griffin playing in the form of his life and CP3 will surely show up this time around.. surely(!), I'm no Clippers fan, but I can't see past the them. The Splash Bros will have to go supernova throughout the series to stand a chance I feel.

Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers (4-3)

I feel this is by far the hardest game to call I must admit. Genuine coin flip.

Just to add, considering in my concerns about it throughout the season at the bad comedy that was the east at times, I'm looking forward to their playoff games I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wizards are a bad match-up for the Bulls, especially with Nene almost back to playing proper minutes and the fact we really struggle with top PG's. However, I'd much rather play them than the Nets. I think we'll get by the Wizards and will have more in the tank left for round two than we would if playing the Nets.

As for the other games, my predictions:

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4-1] - Despite the Pacers troubles I think they'll start to get back on track a bit here. Comfortable win.

Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [4-1] - The Heat's season starts now and although the Bobcats might take one game, Miami are comfortable here.

Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [4-3] - Athleticism prevails over experience in a tough series.

Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4-3] - Thibs coaching and the Bulls' defensive effort negates a bad match-up in seven games.

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks [4-0] - Blowout here.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4-0] - See above.

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4-1] - As others have said, the Bogut injury makes this a lot easier for the Clippers.

Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers [4-1] - I think the Rockets will be a lot more comfortable in this one than some. Rockets score a lot on Portland and ultimately, Howard and Harden are better than the Trail Blazers counterparts in Lillard and Aldridge. They should get the job done in 5, maybe 6 at a push IMO.
    Schedule for this weekend:

Saturday:

5.30 p.m (12.30 EST) - Nets@Raptors - ESPN
    8.30 p.m (3.30 EST) - Warriors@Clippers -ABC
    12 a.m (7 EST) - Hawks@Pacers - ESPN
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Grizzlies@Thunder - ESPN

Sunday:

6 p.m (1 EST) - Mavs@Spurs - TNT
    8.30 p.m (3.30 EST) - Bobcats@Heat - ABC
    12 a.m (7 EST) - Wizards@Bulls - TNT
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Trail Blazers@Rockets - TNT

That schedule is just drool worthy to be honest. 8 playoff games and all at perfect times for the viewer insofar as that we will be able to catch them all in full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Lakers to win it all :D Ill get my coat :(:(

astonaidan wrote: »
    Lakers to win it all :D Ill get my coat :(:(

Is that you Swaggy P? :):rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 0]
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [3 - 4]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [2 - 4]

West Playoff Matchups:

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 3]
    Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers [3 - 4]

mixery wrote: »
    East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 0]
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [3 - 4]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [2 - 4]

West Playoff Matchups:

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 3]

The John Wall Fan Club has voted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4 - 2]
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [2- 4] cause why the feck not?
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [4 - 2]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4 - 1]

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks [4 - 2]
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 1]
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 0]

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

i reckon the later game scheduled to be shown on bt sports on saturday night(sun am) will be grizzlies thunder no?
    got a feeling memphis might have them over 7 games - love the thunder but the big fellas gasol, randolph loved shutting KD out last year, westbrook needs to be firing in that series me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 0]

Hold up, you're not getting away with that prediction without adding some rationale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Eastern Playoffs:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks: Indiana. Somehow. Even with the awful post All-Star run, I don't see Atlanta causing them too much hassle over a succession of games. 4-1

Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats : 4-1. Maybe 4-0. Miami only start playing round this time of year. This is bonus country for Charlotte.

Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets I have no idea how to call this one, young guns vs old dogs for the hard road. 4-3, but to who? Nets experience to see it out.

Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards Bulls 4-2. Wizards lack of bench and streaky shooters will be their undoing. Watch this blow up spectacularly in my face after Noah gets injured in game one.

West Playoffs

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks : Slow motion basketball. SA...4-1

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies A fully fit OKC should see this out, but it won't be easy at times

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors 4-3. Probably Clippers. Not a scratch of defence to be played over seven games.

Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers : Houston. 4-2 maybe 4-1. Portland, like Atlanta in the east have looked very tired towards the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hold up, you're not getting away with that prediction without adding some rationale?

Hey let me make my predictions based on my sixth sense.

Clippers' big men will run riot. That will have to do for now ;)

SBNnation did a small write up on the matches with their schedules
    (1) Indiana Pacers vs (8) Atlanta Hawks

The Pacers' season ending funk is well documented. They finished the regular season just 10-13 and their offense completely stagnated. But they picked up a big home win against the Thunder before taking care of business of the Magic to finish the regular season. They are still the best defensive team in the league and the slower pace of the playoffs should work to their advantage.

But don't discount the Hawks. Atlanta and Indiana split the season series 2-2 and the Hawks beat the Pacers by 19 points in Indianapolis less than a month ago. Four games later, they beat the Heat to seal a playoff spot. They are missing their best player (Al Horford) and they likely won't knock off Indiana, but they could steal a game or two.

Game 1: Saturday, April 19, 7 p.m., EST, ESPN
    Game 2: Tuesday, April 22, 7 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Thursday, April 24, 7 p.m., NBATV
    Game 4: Saturday, April 24, 2 p.m., TNT
    Game 5: Monday, April 26, 8 p.m., NBA TV
    Game 6: Thursday, May 1
    Game 7: Saturday, May 3, TNT
    (2) Miami Heat vs (7) Charlotte Bobcats

Miami is nitpicked more than any other team in the NBA. That's part of the package that comes with winning two straight championships, but it's also a little overdone. The Heat are tied for second in the offensive efficiency, scoring 109 points per 100 possessions and they still have LeBron James. Dwyane Wade has rested his way to the playoffs and Chris Bosh has equipped a reliable three-point shot.

The Bobcats will have their hands full. Miami turns up the effort around this time. It is 8-1 in the first round the last two seasons. Charlotte hasn't played in the postseason in four years, but it is a stingy defense with a reliable post player (Al Jefferson) and a creative, ball handling guard (Kemba Walker).

Game 1: Sunday, April 20, 3:30 p.m., ABC
    Game 2: Wednesday April 23, 7 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Saturday April 26, 7 p.m., ESPN
    Game 4: Monday, April 28, 7 p.m., TNT
    Game 5: Wednesday, April 30
    Game 6: Friday, May 2
    Game 7: Sunday, May 4
    (3) Toronto Raptors vs (6) Brooklyn Nets

Brooklyn started this lineup in the final game of the regular season: Jorge Gutierrez, Marquis Teague, Marcus Thornton, Andray Blatche and Jason Collins. It did so to rest its starter, but it was also a sneaky tank strategy to ensure the sixth seed, so it could play Toronto then Miami (whom it swept in the regular season) rather than Chicago and Indiana.

The problem is that the Raptors are a very good basketball team. They are long armed and disciplined on defense. They ranked out as the eight best defense in the regular season, giving up just 102.4 points per 100 possessions. Kyle Lowry and DeMar Derozan are gritty scoring guards and the Raptors use a deep, competent bench. Brooklyn is much more experienced in the playoffs, though, and that's probably why it would rather play Toronto than Chicago. The Raptors are up-and-coming but still new to the postseason.

Game 1: Saturday, April 19, 12:30 p.m., ESPN
    Game 2: Tuesday, April 22, 8 p.m., NBA TV
    Game 3: Friday, April 25, 7 p.m., ESPN2
    Game 4: Sunday, April 27, 7 p.m., TNT
    Game 5: Tuesday, April 29
    (4) Chicago Bulls vs (5) Washington Wizards

Defense, defense, defense. Chicago has its shortcomings on offense, but the defense is air tight. It ranked No. 2 in the NBA, allowing just 97.8 points per 100 possessions. That's only a point more than the Pacers. Joakim Noah is a maniac on both ends of the floor and is legitimately in the MVP discussion and coach Tom Thibodeau is once again one of the favorites for coach of the year.

The Wizards are stout defenders, too. They give up 102.4 points per 100 possessions, the same exact mark as the Raptors. Like the Raptors, the Wizards are inexperienced in the postseason. But they have a star point guard (John Wall) and capable side kicks, but their bench isn't as good as the Raptors. The additions of reserve veterans Andre Miller and Drew Gooden should help, though.

Game 1: Sunday, April 20, 7 p.m., TNT
    Game 2: Tuesday, April 22, 8:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Friday, April 25, 8 p.m., ESPN
    Game 4: Sunday, April 27, 1 p.m., ABC

• Advertisement

And for the west..
    (1) San Antonio Spurs vs (8) Dallas Mavericks

The Spurs sidestepped injuries and dominated the regular season en route to the No. 1 seed. They are the sixth best offense and third best defense, via Basketball-Reference, and are likely the favorites to win the championship. They are just a top notch organization from top-down and they should take care of business against the Mavericks.

Dallas is high-powered on offense, but it is well below league average defensively and its the worst defensive team in the playoffs, per NBA.com/stats. That isn't going to magically change in the playoffs. The Mavericks are going to have to outgun the Spurs if they want a chance to advance.

Game 1: Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m., TNT
    Game 2: Wednesday, April 23, 8:00 p.m., NBA TV
    Game 3: Saturday, April 26, 4:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 4: Monday, April 28, 9:30 p.m., TNT
    (2) Oklahoma City Thunder vs (7) Memphis Grizzlies

The Thunder suffered a major setback last postseason with Russell Westbrook's first round injury. He went through a couple more knee injuries in the regular season, but he's back to full health now. When he was absent, Durant took his game to ungodly levels. This team is healthy, dominant on both ends of the ball and on a mission back to Finals.

Memphis is going to have to do what Memphis does best: Slow the game down, play tough-nosed defense and squeeze whatever it can get on offense.

Game 1: Saturday, April 19, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
    Game 2: Monday, April 21, 8 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Thursday, April 24 8 p.m., TNT
    Game 4: Saturday, April 26, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
    (3) Los Angeles Clippers vs (6) Golden State Warriors

The Clippers and Warriors do not like each other. That narrative can write itself. But it's what each team does on the floor that makes this matchup so compelling. They are the seventh and sixth fastest paced teams respectively, yet they are both top 7 in defensive rating, according to NBA.com/stats. They run and they defend. Los Angeles is a much better offensive team, thanks in part to Blake Griffin's continued development on that end.

The real bummer here is Andrew Bogut's rib injury. He's the Warriors rock on defense and he can match up with Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. With a healthy Bogut, this series is nearly even. Without him, it's pretty clearly in the Clippers' favor.

Game 1: Saturday, April 19, 3:30 p.m. ABC/R
    Game 2: Monday, April 21, 10:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Thursday, April 24, 10:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 4: Sunday, April 27, 3:30 p.m., ABC/R
    (4) Houston Rockets vs (5) Portland Trail Blazers

Houston-Portland is the most offensively charged matchup in the first round. Both teams love to run up and down the floor and both are top 6 in the league in pace, according to NBA.com/stats. Houston surrounds its James Harden/Dwight Howard pick-and-roll with a world of shooting and Portland plays a free-flowing, motion offense and surrounds LaMarcus Aldridge with a ton of shooters.

But defense will be the difference here. Houston morphed into an above average defense, via Basketball-Reference, mostly thanks to Howard. Can Portland get stops when it needs them?

Game 1: Sunday, April 20, 9:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 2: Wednesday, April 23 9:30 p.m., TNT
    Game 3: Friday, April 25, 10:30 p.m., ESPN
    Game 4: Sunday, April 27, 9:30 p.m., TNT

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Free Trial on League Pass the weekend too lads incase nobody mentioned it already.

just another in a very long list of reasons why Swaggy P is cooler than all y'all haters:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/04/nick-young-taking-iggy-azalea-home

Watch the video, it's funny.

The gift that keeps on giving. We should start a Swaggy P thread......

This time of year, along with the start of the regular season, folk conjure up some fantastic motivational vids for their/a team. I dislike Drake immensely, but I loved this nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

East Playoff Matchups:

Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks [4-2]
    Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats [4-3]
    Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets [4-3]
    Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards [4 - 3]

West Playoff Matchups:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks [4 - 2]
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies [4 - 2]
    Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors [4 - 2]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I predict Oklahoma City Thunder to win the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pitty we didnt get the wizards but i think a 4-3 win over the nets followed by the same again against miami;)

I predict Oklahoma City Thunder to win the Championship

I'm genuinely shocked :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pacers v Hawks.( 4-2)
    Heat v Bobcats (4-1)
    Raptors v Nets(3-4)
    Bulls v Wizards (4-2)

Spurs v Mavs (4-0)
    OKC v Memphis (4-1)
    Clippers v GSW (4-3)
    Rockets v Blazers (4-2)

West: Spurs over Clippers
    East: Heat over Bulls *I am not confident in this whatsoever. My gut still telling me that going to 4 NBA F in 4 years is beyond this team. The last team to do that was the 84-87 Celtics. There are a number of reasons to point to as to why they won't win the East this year. First of all the Heats rotation is no where near as solid as it has been in years pasts. Battier appears to be finished, you don't know what your going to get get from Oden, and Beasley appears to be out of the rotation for the playoffs.Allen is showing his age, and Mike Miller is greatly missed. Wade's health is also a major doubt, cand a guy who has missed 30 games during the season manage to stay healthy for a 2 month playoff run? I think I might have talked myself out of the Heat coming out of the East, but whats stopping me from picking the Bulls is the simple fact that I'm not convinced that the Bulls offense can win them 4 games against the Heat. I would not be surprised if the Nets knocked off the Heats in the second round, and we had a Nets Bulls conference finals.

The Spurs to win it all are my pick anyway. I strongly believe that the winner is coming from the west regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

buyer95 wrote: »
    West: Spurs over Clippers
    East: Heat over Bulls *I am not confident in this whatsoever. My gut still telling me that going to 4 NBA F in 4 years is beyond this team. The last team to do that was the 84-87 Celtics. There are a number of reasons to point to as to why they won't win the East this year. First of all the Heats rotation is no where near as solid as it has been in years pasts. Battier appears to be finished, you don't know what your going to get get from Oden, and Beasley appears to be out of the rotation for the playoffs.Allen is showing his age, and Mike Miller is greatly missed. Wade's health is also a major doubt, cand a guy who has missed 30 games during the season manage to stay healthy for a 2 month playoff run? I think I might have talked myself out of the Heat coming out of the East, but whats stopping me from picking the Bulls is the simple fact that I'm not convinced that the Bulls offense can win them 4 games against the Heat. I would not be surprised if the Nets knocked off the Heats in the second round, and we had a Nets Bulls conference finals.

The Spurs to win it all are my pick anyway. I strongly believe that the winner is coming from the west regardless.

Yeah, I agree with this. Have similar reservations about the Heat, you still have to pick them to win the East, but their margin-for-error is smaller now than at any point since Lebron went there, and any little injury or setback could see them in trouble.

As well as the Bulls have played, they have a ceiling to how well they can perform without Rose, and I don't think can beat the very best teams (but those teams may be all in the West). They probably need the Heat & the Pacers to play below what they were doing last year, but given their form coming to the playoffs, this is a real possibility. So while they're not favourites, the Bulls will have a fighting chance.

Advertisement