Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finding halo 2 a hell of a lot harder on legendary than CE!

Battle rifle is a godsend, but elites just seem to destroy you in no time.

maximoose wrote: »
    Finding halo 2 a hell of a lot harder on legendary than CE!

Battle rifle is a godsend, but elites just seem to destroy you in no time.
    Hmm maybe I could be wrong, Are you playing solo? I can't remember Halo 2 its been that long. I did complete it on Legendary but I think with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah solo, I'd imagine coop would help alright.

The only coop mission I've attempted so far was with mick, got to the end of the 2nd mission of CE and it froze. Had to quit and lose all progress.

Matchmaking is still a joke.

Game seems to have a few issues sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah solo, I'd imagine coop would help alright.

The only coop mission I've attempted so far was with mick, got to the end of the 2nd mission of CE and it froze. Had to quit and lose all progress.

Matchmaking is still a joke.

Game seems to have a few issues sadly.

xbox live service alert still in effect, maybe thats affecting your co-op and matchmaking.

the game was definitely under a deadline to be out for thanksgiving & to move some consoles, I have complete faith that any issues will be ironed out pretty quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Playing through Halo 2 campaign now with my housemate, as brilliant as ever! Halo 2 was always the hardest game on legendary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Playing through Halo 2 campaign now with my housemate, as brilliant as ever! Halo 2 was always the hardest game on legendary.

I got maybe two hours into Halo 2 as enjoyable as ever although surprised how much of it I had forgotten, I'm having some issues with achievements unlocking, going to try and get some halo CE in tomorrow befor info away for a week for work!

We played through most of the game co-op on heroic, except for some reason when we go back into it, it's showing up as we've only completed 3 missions! Really irritating. It won't give us achievements either.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah couple of level completion achievements didn't unlock for me either, usually when it happens they unlock a day or two later

wow legendary combat evolved is harder than I remembered

It might be the skulls that are causing achievement glitches. I turned a few skulls on one of the levels and I didn't get the level complete achievement.

• Advertisement

Server side updates coming today to improve matchmaking...fingers crossed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-halo-the-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-fix-due-today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Server side updates coming today to improve matchmaking...fingers crossed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-halo-the-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-fix-due-today

Your signature is excellent!

/back on topic

My copy of Halo MCC hasn't arrived from Amazon yet :mad:

fifth wrote: »

/back on topic

Pool fans seem to think not :P

/back on topic

You might be better off until the weekend. There's also talk of a patch being pushed out on Xbox Live at the weekend to alleviate issues relating to achievements and general game glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

fifth wrote: »

/back on topic

Amazon emailed me on Monday saying there will be a delay with my copy. Should have it late tonight through PM though. Something about late stock arriving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Amazon emailed me on Monday saying there will be a delay with my copy. Should have it late tonight through PM though. Something about late stock arriving in.
    Anyone able to actually play online... No luck here!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Anyone able to actually play online... No luck here!

Nope, seems to be the case world wide at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I got about 2 games earlier today and since the server patch dropped I was able to get 4 games in about 2 hours but it seems to have hit a brick wall again in the last 45 minutes:(

Can't believe how good Halo 4 looks upscaled! Played a few games there online, looks incredibly good.

I know it's the Master Chief Collection but I would have loved to have seen Reach, which was a much better game than Halo 4 in every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i loved halo 4, i like the sound of that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A budget release of a remaster of ODST and Reach would be great. I wasn't a fan of ODST but Reach was the only Halo game I thought was exceptionally good other than the crappy story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Reach has a great story though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cloud493 wrote: »

The 'noble' team that all die 'noble' deaths. How poetic.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The 'noble' team that all die 'noble' deaths. How poetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

cloud493 wrote: »

Its the best story of all the games.

You don't win missions, you just do what you can while overall defeat is certain.

The whole fall of Reach is the most fleshed out as well, assisted by an accompanying novel.

As a single player game, Reach is my favourite, but too short at only 9 missions.

Only "problem" with Reach was this it's story messed with the cannon at bit. Overall it was my favourite Halo game.

Halo 3 is my favourite Campaign with Reach a close second I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Only "problem" with Reach was this it's story messed with the cannon at bit..

How so?

I can think of 1 thing.

Master chief being is stasis at the start of Halo 1.... Vs him just being fighting on reach & boarding the Pillar of Autumn the day before.

How so?

I can think of 1 thing.

Master chief being is stasis at the start of Halo 1.... Vs him just being fighting on reach & boarding the Pillar of Autumn the day before.

Yeah, there is that and there is something about Cortana but I can't recall right now. (Edit)

""The final objective of "Halo: Reach" has your character, Noble 6, making a mad sprint to the Pillar of Autumn with a very important A.I. in tow. Yep, it's Cortana, and she's loaded down with valuable Forerunner data, which will be used throughout the rest of the "Halo" games. This makes Noble 6 an extremely important part of the "Halo" mythos. Arriving just in time, 6 hands Cortana over to Captain Keyes and sees the Autumn escape certain doom from a Covenant warship before making the fateful slip-space jump which will end at the first Halo installation.

In "Halo: The Fall of Reach," however, Cortana was chilling on the Autumn with Master Chief a full day before they had to escape from the Covenant, and her arrival had nothing to do with the heroic Noble Team members.""

Basically Bungie say that only the games are cannon and everything else is wrong if it goes against anything in the games.

""Basically Bungie wanted to serve the story of "Halo: Reach" as much as they could, and if that meant creating a few contradictions, it's worth the sacrifice to have a better game.""

"There's a ton of deviation outside of Bungie's canon that our fans and other writers have created. While we certainly had no interest in making a literal adaptation of "The Fall of Reach" book, we were cognizant of the event structure and the historical time line within that book, and we wanted to play nice with it as much as we possibly could."

Whats surprising me about it so far (i've played them all apart from 4 already but have forgotten most of it) is how cohesive the story is.

it really makes me wonder how did bungie go so wrong with destiny?

• Advertisement

it really makes me wonder how did bungie go so wrong with destiny?

One word, Activision. Change the story, cut out parts to make money and keep milking. That's basically it.

Advertisement