Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think myself as i said before here this maybe the greatest bargain in gaming history yes must gamers would have played every halo already. I have myself expect number 4 so that is going to be a complete new game for me same as the remaster for halo 1 and halo 2 so its basically 3 new games for me to play.

Then we get on to multiplayer 100 + maps to play online every bit of DLC ever for halo multiplayer ?. What more is there to won't ?. Like i wonder what it will cost now to buy all the map packs for halo 3 and 4 ?.

I am picking this up a CD copy from Amazon for €42 euro and i will get some valve out of it as i have been so looking forward to getting back into Halo multiplayer as halo 3 and halo reach multiplayer is fantastic so much better then CoD witch i have nearly played all them and every one i play i go to myself why did i waste money on this ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well of course if your being reductive, all you see is the big franchises, cos they get the most advertising and attention. Look beyond that, and every platform, and theres far more variety available. Gaming is only boring if you choose to make it that way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

this collection is going to be played for the duration of the consoles lifespan, In 2 years time I wouldnt be surprised to see it bundled in with every console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another big thing people are excited about is being able to play Halo 2 multiplayer again, something that is just not possible anymore.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Another big thing people are excited about is being able to play Halo 2 multiplayer again, something that is just not possible anymore.

There you go this.

But many a gamer they could have there fave game ever remade for them and they would still be angry about it and say its useless ;) i find gamers are getting very judgmental about what there playing as i find must people won't play a game that gets less then say a 7.5. While we would easily watch a film that gets more then a 5 ?. So its quite funny i find how picky gamers have got there up there with WWE fans who are never happy with anything and they have something different in lucha underground and there still not happy with the new edger style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RasTa wrote: »

Gaming is getting very boring.

Then maybe gaming is not for you anymore?

I'm getting great fun out of Advanced Warfare on PS4 (after skipping BLOPS2 and Ghosts as I hated BLOPS1 so much) and Sunset Overdrive on the X1 atm.

Have to go back and finish Alien Isolation.

Can't wait for Halo MCC and Assassins Creed Unity and next gen GTAV all pre ordered.

Have to hold off on Dragon Age and FarCry 4 as I have too much good stuff to get through

Great time for gaming imo. Not a great as 2007 with the 360 and all the new IPs coming out at the time but still. (Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alan Wake, Dead Space) just some of the new IPs from last gen. And that's just consoles.

Some great indie stuff and kick starter stuff on the PC through Steam too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quick check of the prices, 70 in GS, 60 in smyths, 55 in argos!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Matchmaking seems to be taking an age. Only managed to get into one game so far, assault on zanzibar. Loved it :)

Ugh. Just saw the status alert on Xbox live. Typical!

Anyone around for coop?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer, just taking ages :/ so I went into halo 2 and got the scarab gun. Took a few tries because the banshee kept disappearing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For the day that's in it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

How big is the download patchy thingy?

Liamalone wrote: »
    How big is the download patchy thingy?

15GB it was 20GB at 1st but they made it smaller with the newest patch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't like that you can't stay in a lobby after a match

Big team slayer on bloodline just now, delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

think I jumped the gun buying a ps4 over xb1. didn't realise this was coming out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Darn, local Tesco never got it in yet, they think Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

my delivery arrived at my parents yesterday and they never told me! aah!! flying home after work :D

calex71 wrote: »
    quick check of the prices, 70 in GS, 60 in smyths, 55 in argos!!!!

It has to be ordered in to my local argos and it wont be in till next week:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Argos are on a roll recently <3

Even though the patch says 15gb, the total download for me was only 5gb...strange
    *Edit* Nevermind..It says ready to start but still downloading.

Anyway..evening sorted...
    wVJbkV1.jpg

Argos have a halo bundle for e399 for anyone picking up an xbox one for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Love me some Waggle Dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So far...

Matchmatching is very very slow.

Playing Halo 2 Anniversary local games, framerate is not good on split screen, choppy even with just 1v1 split screen, which is disappointing!

Big Team Battle Playlist says 'Battle it out in 16 player warfare which vehicles across a mix of Halo games. 6v6' - strange contradiction!

So far...

Matchmatching is very very slow.

Playing Halo 2 Anniversary local games, framerate is not good on split screen, choppy even with just 1v1 split screen, which is disappointing!

Big Team Battle Playlist says 'Battle it out in 16 player warfare which vehicles across a mix of Halo games. 6v6' - strange contradiction!

Pre or post patch??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pre or post patch??

That's post patch. Seems it needs a bit of work at the moment, it doesn't let you stay in a party or lobby after a match either. Not all my friends showing up in roster either.

Sorry I didn't accept your invite there btw, had literally just got into a match for the first time after trying for ages.

Waited ages and got into a match eventually, everyone voted for halo 4. The game loads up and it was stuttering so bad then it froze while making a loud buzzing sound. Reset and back into matchmaking, I eventually get a game and it crapped out while it was loading :S

grrrr

So,

is anyone planning on doing the whole thing from start to finish on legendary?

I'm thinking of doing a mission a day, then a bit more at the weekend - surely get through them all by the end of january.

So,

I'm thinking of doing a mission a day, then a bit more at the weekend - surely get through them all by the end of january.

Yeah that's my plan too pretty much. Did the first mission of CE earlier. Harder than I remember :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah that's my plan too pretty much. Did the first mission of CE earlier. Harder than I remember :o

One part of CE that I'm not looking forward to is the middle of the game - If I remember correctly there was a good bit of backtracking and some very bland, repetitive level design.

oh, and the Flood. hate the flood.

One part of CE that I'm not looking forward to is the middle of the game - If I remember correctly there was a good bit of backtracking and some very bland, repetitive level design.

oh, and the Flood. hate the flood.

hrrrngg not looking forward to redoing the library on legendary

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's post patch. Seems it needs a bit of work at the moment, it doesn't let you stay in a party or lobby after a match either. Not all my friends showing up in roster either.

Sorry I didn't accept your invite there btw, had literally just got into a match for the first time after trying for ages.

No worries, I'm still downloading the patch anyway. Don't think coop works until patch is complete. Completed the first couple of levels. Just starting 'The Silent Cartographor'. Music and setting just makes you want to kick some ass when you land on the beach :)
    So,

Yep Stone will be doing them all.

Halo CE is by far the hardest Legendary to complete. Especially the Library level...back when I had an Xbox in 2002 I managed to complete that on my own. I'm only playing on Halo CE on Heroic and I'm still getting tested.

Advertisement