Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    You are a bit too quick here :rolleyes: the 20gb is extra content NOT a fix. Problem was there wasnt enough space on the BD disk (I think around 45gb) to hold all the approx 100 mp maps and the remastered 4 halo games so they decided to let people download the MP content on day one.

Maybe they should and the previous posters said put it on two disks, so that is the problem not a MS f*** up

See above. MP isn't finished yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

COYVB wrote: »
    The game isn't actually finished yet.

All that's working 100% is the single player, the coop campaign is kinda working, and the MP is still pretty much off the table

That would seem a bit strange considered they moved the release date forward to a bit over 2 weeks from now?

That would seem a bit strange considered they moved the release date forward to a bit over 2 weeks from now?

Not really, it's the massive day one patch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Halo 2 Anniversary Launch trailer is out, the cinematic look good at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

ah jaysus i cant wait ha

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

*drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Playthrough vid of Halo 2 Gravemind level here

Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm fairly hyped for this now, I must admit.

Can any of the 4 campaigns be played co-op online does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can any of the 4 campaigns be played co-op online does anyone know?

All of them can, but that's part of the 20Gb day one patch.

Halo 1 & 2 are two player co-op, including local split screen.

Halo 3 & 4 are four player co-op, including 2 player local split screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On my phone on a bus and just short of ordering this and a console, but since I've already got a shortage of time which won't change until January or February I should hold off.

Varik wrote: »
    On my phone on a bus and just short of ordering this and a console, but since I've already got a shortage of time which won't change until January or February I should hold off.

Nah, go for it :D

Argos have a killer deal at the moment, went for it last night.

Xbox One, Fifa 15, The Evil Within, and Forza Horizon 2 for 409.99.

Sold the games straight away so came to €295 in the end.

Multiplayer patch out tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Argos have a killer deal at the moment, went for it last night.

Xbox One, Fifa 15, The Evil Within, and Forza Horizon 2 for 409.99.

Sold the games straight away so came to €295 in the end.

Where did you sell the games? Did you trade them in?

• Advertisement

Multiplayer patch out tomorrow morning

Delayed! Squeaky bum time now!!!

• Launch Trailer :D

Patch out today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Patch out today

It hasn't shown up in my queue yet, is there something I need to do?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It hasn't shown up in my queue yet, is there something I need to do?

Not sure, i just launched the game and it downloaded it, but I've got unlocked review code. Make sure you're set up for automatic downloads and updates anyway, it'll probably work away in the background.

The good news is it's just 15gb, not 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Make sure you're set up for automatic downloads and updates anyway, it'll probably work away in the background.

Yeah, I did this and turned off my machine and it downloaded in the background.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I can't even remember being this excited about a game in recent years...

Goddamn matchmaking still not turned on

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw someone playing this on my friend list yesterday however they managed it.

Yeah I've seen a few uk friends playing it, shopto always delivers to them a day early

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got to say MS are knocking it out of the park when it comes to exclusives. This game is probably bargain of the year as well. My PS4 is gathering dust at the moment. Sony need to get the finger out next year, bloodborne better be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got to say MS are knocking it out of the park when it comes to exclusives. This game is probably bargain of the year as well. My PS4 is gathering dust at the moment. Sony need to get the finger out next year, bloodborne better be good!

Big time, because The Order is not looking too hot either. So far all MS's exclusives are better than Sony's imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wouldn't consider this game an exclusive or new ip etc. Nothing really new although Sony heads did get similarly excited about Last of Us.

• Advertisement

Well it is exclusive, and halo is a big IP, so.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well it is exclusive, and halo is a big IP, so.

What is your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

RasTa wrote: »
    What is your point?

Its a game exclusive to the xbox one its not new though but it is remastered. That is enough for folk to buy it again.

What is your point?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Its a game exclusive to the xbox one its not new though but it is remastered. That is enough for folk to buy it again.

What is your point?

Pretty obvious really, it's not a new or exclusive game.

But it is exclusive. The halo series is xbox or microsoft exclusive whatever, and its the first time all 4 games have been available on one platform, in their current form, and the only way remastered halo 2 is accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Pretty obvious really, it's not a new or exclusive game.

Its exclusive to this generation of consoles, it does exist on the older consoles but as you pointed out so does the last of us.

Difference would be that unlike the last of us which is relatively new IP, the halo games are much older and some of them look rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's sitting there on my hard-drive just taunting me know. Won't get to play it until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Agreed.

However releasing old games would not lead me to claim they are knocking it out of the park and claiming this as an exclusive game.

I just want some new games for PS or XB as it's that time of the year again and we have a new Assassin's Creed, CoD, Far Cry etc

Plus remakes of GTA 5 and this.

Gaming is getting very boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not everybody has played the Halo games before, I have played Halo 3 for about half an hour. So for me, £40 for this is awesome stuff. Sold.

• Advertisement

• ^^Talk about buzzkill :rolleyes:

Cant wait for tomorrow. This should get blood pumping!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think myself as i said before here this maybe the greatest bargain in gaming history yes must gamers would have played every halo already. I have myself expect number 4 so that is going to be a complete new game for me same as the remaster for halo 1 and halo 2 so its basically 3 new games for me to play.

Then we get on to multiplayer 100 + maps to play online every bit of DLC ever for halo multiplayer ?. What more is there to won't ?. Like i wonder what it will cost now to buy all the map packs for halo 3 and 4 ?.

I am picking this up a CD copy from Amazon for €42 euro and i will get some valve out of it as i have been so looking forward to getting back into Halo multiplayer as halo 3 and halo reach multiplayer is fantastic so much better then CoD witch i have nearly played all them and every one i play i go to myself why did i waste money on this ?.

Well of course if your being reductive, all you see is the big franchises, cos they get the most advertising and attention. Look beyond that, and every platform, and theres far more variety available. Gaming is only boring if you choose to make it that way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

this collection is going to be played for the duration of the consoles lifespan, In 2 years time I wouldnt be surprised to see it bundled in with every console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another big thing people are excited about is being able to play Halo 2 multiplayer again, something that is just not possible anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Another big thing people are excited about is being able to play Halo 2 multiplayer again, something that is just not possible anymore.

There you go this.

But many a gamer they could have there fave game ever remade for them and they would still be angry about it and say its useless ;) i find gamers are getting very judgmental about what there playing as i find must people won't play a game that gets less then say a 7.5. While we would easily watch a film that gets more then a 5 ?. So its quite funny i find how picky gamers have got there up there with WWE fans who are never happy with anything and they have something different in lucha underground and there still not happy with the new edger style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gaming is getting very boring.

Then maybe gaming is not for you anymore?

I'm getting great fun out of Advanced Warfare on PS4 (after skipping BLOPS2 and Ghosts as I hated BLOPS1 so much) and Sunset Overdrive on the X1 atm.

Have to go back and finish Alien Isolation.

Can't wait for Halo MCC and Assassins Creed Unity and next gen GTAV all pre ordered.

Have to hold off on Dragon Age and FarCry 4 as I have too much good stuff to get through

Great time for gaming imo. Not a great as 2007 with the 360 and all the new IPs coming out at the time but still. (Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alan Wake, Dead Space) just some of the new IPs from last gen. And that's just consoles.

Some great indie stuff and kick starter stuff on the PC through Steam too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quick check of the prices, 70 in GS, 60 in smyths, 55 in argos!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Matchmaking seems to be taking an age. Only managed to get into one game so far, assault on zanzibar. Loved it :)

Ugh. Just saw the status alert on Xbox live. Typical!

Anyone around for coop?

I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer, just taking ages :/ so I went into halo 2 and got the scarab gun. Took a few tries because the banshee kept disappearing

For the day that's in it :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement