Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No BBC1

Options
  • 18-10-2004 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have no BBC 1 (ch 169) since Saturday on my sky+ box. It works fine on my standard sky digibox and on my FTV card upstairs but not on my sky+ box.
    I am getting the following error: "there is a technical fault with this channel please try again later"

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Did you try a new installation from the Installers Menu?

Press Services 4 - 0- 1 and then select, do not look at the screen as you won't see all the options, just look at the remote while pressing.

then go to the section "new installation" and follow the instructions, make sure the the box is connected to your phone line.

This happened a while ago to me and this sorted it.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Thanks Dec. I will try this tonight when I get home and let you know tomorrow how I got on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not sure if there's any correlation, but the signal on BBC1 has been really bad for me since Saurday. I live in Holland, and the signal comes over cable. The rest of the channels are fine, including BBC2, so it may be a problem with their transmitters.

I have BBC1 back again..........thanks to Sky customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tried the "new installation" option as advised by Dec but this did not do the trick so I rang Sky customer service. They got me to do the usual things of swithcing off the power of the digibox at the wall, checking the cables etc and finally unplugging the scarts and plugging them back in again. Lo and behold this did the trick. I have to say this is the first time Sky customer service were able to sort out a problem over the phone. But credit were credit is due and I am a happy customer again and will be able to record MOTD on Sat nights on Sky+ again when I go out.

Just when I thought my problem was sorted, it raised it's ugly head last night again.
    Last night I had problems with the 4 Irish channels - RTE1, 2, TV3 and TG4. When i flicked onto them I was getting a blue screen and the message that there was a technical problem with this channel please try later. They eventually would work when I kept flicking to and from them but it is very frustrating and of course I cannot record them on Sky+. It is only happening to these 4 channels and all others work fine. Also all my channels work fine on my second digibox, it is just the Sky+ box.

Anyone any ideas/suggestions? I tried the Sky customer service trick again of switching off the power, plugging out the scarts etc but this did not solve the problem this time.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

One further question... does the same thing occur on channels like The Amp, Scuzz, The Disney channels, Sky Travel?

Sorry not sure as I did not check these and I'm in work now. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

DMC wrote:
    One further question... does the same thing occur on channels like The Amp, Scuzz, The Disney channels, Sky Travel?

Sounds like the dish is out a little or maybe the lnb. If you can access the dish easily try a little fine tuning but always mark where you've started from!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Sorry not sure as I did not check these and I'm in work now. Why?

Its just that the channels you have problems with are all low end frequency channels on satellite. BBC's, RTE's and the ones I mentioned are down there, and I'd say, as greenman said, that the LNB might need a tweak. Report back before you move stuff! :)

Advertisement