Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This True?

Options
  • 09-10-2004 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

so i wandered into a shop today to purchase a Sky+ box, went to about 6 shops i did and all were sold out and those that could help would sell the box for €360 :mad: (no thanks says i)

anyway the last shop i went to said they would sell for €400 (another no thanks) but they advised i wait a month because Sky+ is moving closer to €200 price range. is there any truth in this?

posted by a doubtful being

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

A sky plus installation at the moment is €199 if you book it through Sky Direct. That also include's relocating your old box to another room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no phone line so i cant go that route

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I suppose it is quite possible that the standard Sky+ box drops in price again, as the Sky+ 160GB is due out soon too. Maybe the standard Sky+ box will drop when the 160 models are released? I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't think there is big sales on Sky+ at the moment to be honest. Now, if Sky+ worked for free (HDD function) with just Family Pack, I know of quite a few offhand who would get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

aye there lies the problem, Sky's stupidity and greed

I don't think there is big sales on Sky+ at the moment to be honest
    Believe it or not...but we are doing as many as these installation's as standard installation's. We just cannot get them out the door quick enough!!

• Advertisement
    byte

What region do you cover? Here, Sky+ sales are rather low, as are sales of Sky. Nearly everyone has Sky at this stage here in DL!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i bought sky+ for 190 here on boards.ie thank you jdemsey

What region do you cover? Here, Sky+ sales are rather low, as are sales of Sky

I myself cover the Laois/Offaly region and sales dont seem to be bad. Now since Sky have introduced the Free Standard Installation should really give sales a boost for Christmas.
    Nearly everyone has Sky at this stage here in DL!
    I dont believe there will never be a time when everyone has sky. People are always moving in to new houses, moving in with the gf or bf....or moving back in with Mammy or Daddy :D
    The way thing's are going at the moment with the economy who wants to go out at the weekend with their partner and blow about €200 on drink, food & taxi's when they can have a few drinks at home with friend's, order a pizza and watch a bit of Sky Tv!! And it dont cost anything near to €200!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there are quite a few ads on todayfm for sky, sky+ and sky box office

gearing up for the xmas rush (i know, its only ovtober)

byte

bigpaddy2004,
    The free install may pick up business again alright, not that I'm bothered either way! I get more than enough work to do! :(

dmeehan,
    I have notice a LOT of Television ads for SKY like between movies on RTE ONE. Usually 2 or 3 ads per break! Showcasing channels like National Geographic, etc.

Sky are definitely putting a push for sales this winter! Now, if only Sky+ worked with family pack (without extra 15eur fee)! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi there I'm new around here and looking at going to Satellite

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by

Now, if only Sky+ worked with family pack (without extra 15eur fee)

I was reading up about the €149 sky+ package in their website.....

Thanks

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

to use SKY+ recording features you have to pay an additional subscription of €15 a month.

however this fee is "waived" if you subscribe two (or more) premium channels like sky sports 1 etc.

Thats how it used to be, so i dont know if that is still the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Streete

Hi I am newbie to this forum so apologies if I missed an earlier post but where can you get Sky + for €200 ? I am an existing customer on the 1G (Sports and some movies) package but when I rang Sky they said the upgrade to Sky+ would cost €299 plus €75 installation ?

Cheers,

Streete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi Streete, welcome along. :)

http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,91069-1130664,00.html

This link is to Sky's offer for Sky+ and move the old digibox to another room for €149.
    (click on Sky Digital with Sky + under Grainne Seoige's pic.) All the details there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Streete

Hi DMC, cheers for the welcome and thanks for the link :D !

When I go to this page it seems to be aimed at new subscribers. Its €159 for the 2 boxs, install, dish, quad lnb etc where they want you to sign up for the full €62.50 package plus €15 for the second Digibox in another room. As I already have a Sky sub (about 2 years) and a UK FTV card, the thought of being able to move to Sky + and stick the UK card and old Digibox in another room for €200 sounded really good. But alas it looks like €299 + €75 install if I want to upgrade as an existing customer :rolleyes:

Advertisement