Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky install with no phone line

Options
  • 20-10-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

(based in limerick)

I want to get sky installed at the moment. many installers are offering free installation. however that is not the case if one does not have a phone line. The best deal i can get is a giy who say he will install the package for me (for free) and then take my viewing card away, connect it to a phone line for 4-5 days, and bring it back "activated" for a fee of 50euros. He seems legit. But is there any way of getting sky installation without a phone line for cheaper or for free??

advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hmm this guy is taking a chance, if sky do not pay him then he is down over 200 euro. I think 50 euro is pretty reasonable but he does not need to keep it for 4-5 days as the 1st callback happens usually after 7 days so he should keep it for either a longer or shorter period depending on his assesment of the risk.
    (based in limerick)

I want to get sky installed at the moment. many installers are offering free installation. however that is not the case if one does not have a phone line. The best deal i can get is a giy who say he will install the package for me (for free) and then take my viewing card away, connect it to a phone line for 4-5 days, and bring it back "activated" for a fee of 50euros. He seems legit. But is there any way of getting sky installation without a phone line for cheaper or for free??

advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement