Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK EPG slightly altered!

Options
  • 16-10-2004 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Ok, I put my FTV card in earlier to watch UTV, but I was looking thorugh the BBC Regional variations(941-961) And two new aditions to the UK Epg have appaeard in the following numbers:

963: ITV1 London
    964: Channel 4(London region?)

If anyone can explain why these additions are here, please explain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi, I was considering buying a FTV card. Do you need a service provider to view channels or can the card scan the airwaves and pick up channels using some sort of antenna or satelitte dish?

cheers for any tips ;)
    can I finally be free from ntl's wrath :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

These are Audio Description carrier channels,if you turn this feature on in your setup,these channels will provide the descriptions for those with hearing difficulties.The main BBc London and BBC2 England as well as Channel 5 0n 105 already carry this.

Seemingly it is more economical to add the extra channels onto the EPG for those who want to avail of the service,rather than enabling it on every regional channel individually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did I ask an illegal question? any mod about I dont wanna break the law or anything in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This topic is moot, as the FTV situation is fluid at the moment, with Sky looking to launch Freesat soon. Buying an FTV card now, might not be wise. If you've waited this long, wait a few more weeks. We'll know more.

With regard your question, no. There is no need to subscribe to a package, if the cards working in the box, no other action is needed. If the card has not been recenting active (ie if the box has been turned off for a while) it can take upto 24 hours to reactivate the card.

But, going back, don't buy an FTV card/married box for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Re, Itv London and Channel 4 on 963, 964 they are on the EPG for interactive
    services.

Got this from digitalspy.co.uk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement