Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set-up a small scale amazon/ebay style website?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a place to read up on how to set up an online market place or where to purchase some entry level software. This is for a small scale project, the idea that users would have an account to sell their specific products online.

I'd be grateful for any positive advice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Hi Eoin. Thanks for the reply. I was not really looking at auctions, more looking for a marketplace where users could list their products for sale for a fixed price. I'll keep on googling. Thanks again for the reply. Its great info for any auction site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a "classifieds" script you're looking for then. eBay is an auction site and and Amazon is, by and large, an eCommerce site; neither of which are what you need.

Advertisement