Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respect for Property

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Is there a problem in society in relation to the way people treat property.

A couple of instances. Regularly I see public property being mistreated/attacked.
    People putting graffiti on everything from walls to bridges and lamp posts. Some will explain this as a form of expression, a form of art.

Somebody writing their name in a graffiti style, is this art:confused:
    Anyway, for the moment I'm putting this down to people interfering with public property, i.e. public, not belonging to the person doing the graffiti.

People destroying bus shelters, trees, bins and other property in the public realm. These forms of property are for all people.

Why is there an interest in interfering with public property, is it not there to benefit the people who are destroying it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

imme wrote: »
    People putting graffiti on everything from walls to bridges and lamp posts. Some will explain this as a form of expression, a form of art. Somebody writing their name in a graffiti style, is this art:confused: Anyway, for the moment I'm putting this down to people interfering with public property, i.e. public, not belonging to the person doing the graffiti.
    Graffiti? Multiple meanings. Can be complex. No shoe fits all. Art. Free speech. Declare gang territory. Dispute government. Community claims over individual rights. Lovers proclamation. Random acts. List goes on.

Advertisement