Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ComReg

• 15-04-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hiya guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with ComReg and if so, what did you think of the help that you got from them? My own experience of them so far would not be very favourable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

To be fair had to use Comreg twice in the past...and beat the companies twice with their help.

1st time many yrs ago again 02...took a case and won with Comreg's Help.

2 yrs ago had an issue with Eircom...Comreg intervened and the problem was sorted quite quickly...

do your research and log any issues and put all this in writing to comreg and they are sure to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Hiya steveon, that's the impression that I had of them before I got started but they have been very flimsy in there approach. After a quick call with the relevant details of the problem, they approached the service provider, took their word without any real investigation and have now concluded that they have done their job sufficiently. I'm glad that they were of assistance to you and wish that they would have shown the same level of diligence this time. I'm guessing that ComReg is the last resort in these kind of matters?

j_mo wrote: »
    Hiya steveon, that's the impression that I had of them before I got started but they have been very flimsy in there approach. After a quick call with the relevant details of the problem, they approached the service provider, took their word without any real investigation and have now concluded that they have done their job sufficiently. I'm glad that they were of assistance to you and wish that they would have shown the same level of diligence this time. I'm guessing that ComReg is the last resort in these kind of matters?

You should have gotten a case number and you should be able to follow up n get details on what's happening as I said earlier do your research into why your having a problem eg poor broadband etc should how many times you have logged the issue comreg will then have to intervene but will only do so If you have tried contactING the supplier of the service...

You could always take the case directly with a solicitor but prove to be expensive

I've got most of those things that you've mentioned already, such as case number and I've been in contact with the service provider initially to see if things could be worked out first. I was just surprised at how lax ComReg were. They came across as very toothless in there dealings. They took the word of the provider and closed the case without any followup. I don't think a lawyer is going to be considered for now.

j_mo wrote: »
    I've got most of those things that you've mentioned already, such as case number and I've been in contact with the service provider initially to see if things could be worked out first. I was just surprised at how lax ComReg were. They came across as very toothless in there dealings. They took the word of the provider and closed the case without any followup. I don't think a lawyer is going to be considered for now.

Your definitely right in your assertion about ComReg they are very lax a daisy in.my opinion too hence why I mentioned proving the problem you have has been logged various times that the provider has broken their side of the contract...

I myself am a tv n broadband enginneer so I took bn crap and provided all the necessary proof of my problems ..name and shame on their revelant Facebook n twitter accounts should be considered also..

• Advertisement

Ya, I definitely like the idea of naming and shaming but I'll definitely try and see if I can get somewhere with them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martinb

from my experience with comreg they are very very lax. i made a complaint over two months ago to them about emobile. i had an emobile account which i closed last november and i transfered my number to another network. i am not only still receiving bills from them but they have reopened a direct debit that had been cancelled seven months previous and debited my account since january of this year and every month since. emobile sent me a letter outlining that i havent paid them money since last may(which wasnt true) and also contacted emobile to cancel my complaint with comreg without my knowledge. comreg cancelled the complaint straight away and sent me a text message to confirm same. i again contacted comreg they said they would only reopen the case if i provided bank statements showing emobile direct debits. i immediately sent a letter of complaint and all bank statements showing the direct debits to emobile and comreg. to date emobile have continued to send me bills and have not responded to my letter. they send a generic letter every ten days or so to myself and comreg outlining that they are aware of my complaint. this satisfies comreg and they do nothing for another ten days until emobile send another generic letter and so on. yesterday i contacted comreg and they informed me that they do not regulate they mediate between consumer and provider. i outlined to them that they are supposed to regulate this sector and i asked them to provide me information regarding their procedures and timescales when dealing with complaints. they confirmed that they have procedures but they could not outline what they are and how long they take. they kept on saying that most cases are dealt with in 10 days. they said they would transfer my complaint to the escalations department but again could not outline what the max timeframe a company is given to carry out an investigation. they seem to be toothless and carry out each investigation on an add hock basis. to date i have overpaid emobile by over 170 euro. unfortunately i think ill have to go to the small claims court to resolve my problem. i hope you have better luck!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having that difficulty martinb and hope that you get it all sorted out. I know that some people will have cases dealt with adequately, but as you said, they seem to be very ineffective at whatever they do. It's a pity because you only find it how hopeless they are when you really need them.

Advertisement