Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce Yourself - 09/10

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Pity, im hoping to get involved with this. Any chance of more details? lots of speaking german?

Nope, there really is very little speaking German. In fact, a lot of people in the society, don't have a word of German. The only times that the society meets is for big events such as Weinachtsfest and of course October Fest. These were pretty nights as there was German music, free food, and at Christmas, free gluhwein! :)

I'm gonna try and get involved a bit in the organisation in second year, as it's a big shame there is'nt more "German" content. It would'nt be difficult to organise a few movie nights, or trying to encourage people to actual speak the language at events they organise. It'd be fun!

It's a shame that the society is'nt more active, as the German department is a really great one, and deserves a good society to compliment it.

Let me know if you've any other questions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Nova_era wrote: »
    It would'nt be difficult to organise a few movie nights, or trying to encourage people to actual speak the language at events they organise. It'd be fun!

There's a lot to promote about the german culture, actually. And some great movies done by great filmmakers, like Fritz Lang's M der Morder, to quote only one.

You could also make german pretzels and sell them on the campus ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Haru wrote: »
    There's a lot to promote about the german culture, actually. And some great movies done by great filmmakers, like Fritz Lang's M der Morder, to quote only one.

You could also make german pretzels and sell them on the campus ! :D

I'm never getting involved with pretzels again due to them featuring in a long day I once spent in a Munich beer hall. ;)

Advertisement