Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce Yourself - 09/10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GingerNut!

Name: GingerNut (obviously:P)
    Year/Course: 1st year Med
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'm thinking MSF but i'll see on orientation day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Name: Jerry
    Year/Course: 2nd Year Commerce et Francais
    Age: 20 (First time writing this down,birthday was last week and tis a tad depressing!)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'm the auditor of the Labour Youth society in UCC, come to our stand on Soc day, I swear we won't bite(much)! Not interested in clubs tbh tho I wanna join the canoe club eventually! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭rachel_123

Name: Rachel duh :)
    Year/Course: 1st year general nursing
    Societies/Clubs/interests: im mad into the oul music scene, starting a new band(im a front lady). so ill prob join choral society and music society too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Name: Mark
    Year/Course: Going into first year of Arts, (English, History, Geography and Archaeology)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Want to set up a band soon, i play lead guitar/drums, probably join the music society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Name: Mark
    Year/Course: Going into first year of Arts, (English, History, Geography and Archaeology)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Want to set up a band soon, i play lead guitar/drums, probably join the music society.

I would recommend you check out Capriccio. They're the biggest and most active music society on campus. They have jam sessions every week

• Advertisement

Sounds like it could be fun! Im kinda scared cause something tells me there will be lots of experienced musicians playing years with all these techniques, i just go in and play like haha feck theory!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Name: Jeebus!
    Year/Course: 1st year Computer Science (hopefully...if I can move from Nutritional Science.
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Certainly joining netsocc, UCC soccer team, will consider gaelic and basketball too, haven't a clue what else. Interest are music, computers, long walks on the beach...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Name: F*uck You!

Course: Mind your own F*ucking business!

Interests: F*ucking your mother!

Sorry if I missed anything...:pac:

I don't think you have quite grasped the concept of humour.
    It's supposed to make people laugh

deisedude wrote: »
    I don't think you have quite grasped the concept of humour.
    It's supposed to make people laugh

Don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

x43r0 wrote: »
    I would recommend you check out Capriccio. They're the biggest and most active music society on campus. They have jam sessions every week
    Now when you say jam sessions, do you actually imply jam and in what sense?

• Advertisement

Musicians get together and then they all make jam...raspberry, blackcurrant, strawberry, apricot, whichever takes your fancy...

Alternatively they can just take out their instruments and have a form of freestyle playing, jamming together, playing songs, or just solos and chords for a bit of fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

If there were edible jams involved, I would join.

Ah, jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Name: F*uck You!

Course: Mind your own F*ucking business!

Interests: F*ucking your mother!

Sorry if I missed anything...:pac:

Ah Bless!

I wish I was 12 again and found this funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

:D
    Im Aisling, im 18,19 next month...from tipp.:)
    Headin into first year arts, irish and history with the intentions of teachin..shur we'l give it a shot!
    With regards to clubs and stuff i dunno yet...play camogie at home but i dunno will i do it in college, trampolinin club sounds good!:D:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Might aswell chip in.

Reilly, starting Law and German this year, with the long term goal of becoming a barrister. See all you Law folks on the 8th!

ash:) wrote: »
    :D
    Im Aisling, im 18,19 next month...from tipp.:)
    Headin into first year arts, irish and history with the intentions of teachin..shur we'l give it a shot!
    With regards to clubs and stuff i dunno yet...play camogie at home but i dunno will i do it in college, trampolinin club sounds good!:D:rolleyes:

what part of tipp are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nice gang of Tipperary folk on this. :)

BOO YA!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It's nice to see there is a few others doing comp science,I was beginning to think i was the only one :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    It's nice to see there is a few others doing comp science,I was beginning to think i was the only one :pac:

This years incoming Computer Science class is around 100 from what I hear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

x43r0 wrote: »
    This years incoming Computer Science class is around 100 from what I hear

Ah cool,Is that high or low or average?Just out of interest :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Ah cool,Is that high or low or average?Just out of interest :pac:

Its high enough. My first year was roughly 85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

anyone know how many would be in the biochemistry course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

anyone know how many would be in the biochemistry course?

few hundred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

There's only 23 doing my course, I feel so alone! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

Year/Course: Biomedical Sciences Year III (though it's really Year IV) CIT/UCC joint programme.
    Socities: Capriccio, Maybe FG, MSF, Choral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alalaaa

Name: Lauren (from Limerick) :)

Course: Law

Interests etc: Going to gigs, shopping LOADS, hockey.. don't know if i'll keep it up in UCC though.
    think i might join the capriccio society, i've been told it's really good! i'm thinking of joining ultimate frisbee, philosophs and fashion clubs and socs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

what part of tipp are you from?

Dundrum...near cashel.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

My name is Rory, I'm 20, and am going into second year arts. I'm keeping on European Studies and German, so what with ES being a pathway I'm hoping that I can just answer "European Studies" from now on, instead of suffering the abuse that meets the word "arts". :)

The only society I pretty much kept involved with last year was German, but unfortunatly all they seem to do is get drunk and eat sausages. Which is good, but the Spanish and French socs show movies and get a bit more cultural. Oh well, maybe I'm just boring. :(

I'm gonna try and get involved with a cycling club in the next month, there was one but it appears to be defunct now. And that's it I think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Nova_era wrote: »
    My name is Rory, I'm 20, and am going into second year arts. I'm keeping on European Studies and German, so what with ES being a pathway I'm hoping that I can just answer "European Studies" from now on, instead of suffering the abuse that meets the word "arts". :)

The only society I pretty much kept involved with last year was German, but unfortunatly all they seem to do is get drunk and eat sausages. Which is good, but the Spanish and French socs show movies and get a bit more cultural. Oh well, maybe I'm just boring. :(

I'm gonna try and get involved with a cycling club in the next month, there was one but it appears to be defunct now. And that's it I think. :)

Pity, im hoping to get involved with this. Any chance of more details? lots of speaking german?

Advertisement