Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox on College Road

Options
  • 08-09-2009 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I was walking past the AIB bank on College Road at around midnight when a little fox crossed the street non-chalantly in front of me and stopped almost at my feet, looked at me momentarily, and then proceeded to chew on a discarded apple core for a few minutes while I watched. Then it slipped through a fence and was gone. It was cool: I know of the urban fox phenomenon, but I've never seen one in Cork before, and certainly not around UCC. Has anyone else seen this fox? I think it's a vixen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I don't think it's the same one, but I've seen a fox on the other side of UCC, Western Road side. That was a few years ago.
    Prime spot for urban foxes really - plenty of open space and cover, river, deserted at night, etc.

I love the idea of a nonchalant fox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Was expecting this thread to be about something completely different :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Jeebus wrote: »
    Was expecting this thread to be about something completely different :(.

Yeah I'm disappointed now :(

It would be cool to see a fox around the place though. Should keep an eye out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Furet wrote: »
    I was walking past the AIB bank on College Road at around midnight when a little fox crossed the street non-chalantly in front of me and stopped almost at my feet, looked at me momentarily, and then proceeded to chew on a discarded apple core for a few minutes while I watched. Then it slipped through a fence and was gone. It was cool: I know of the urban fox phenomenon, but I've never seen one in Cork before, and certainly not around UCC. Has anyone else seen this fox? I think it's a vixen.

What i don't understand about urban foxes is how they get in the city to begin with? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kevrr

Yeah it's funny you mention that. I've been living around that area for a couple of years and never once seen, smelled or heard of a fox, then over the summer I actually seen a fox twice, once up by the avenue up to the hayfield, and then another time down by the back gates of the kane building about a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

i saw a fox on donovans road wednesday night. :eek:

i was like, jez.. a fox. thats weird. i was slightly drunk at the time. but bemused how as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

i saw a fox on donovans road wednesday night. :eek:

i was like, jez.. a fox. thats weird. i was slightly drunk at the time. but bemused how as ever!

You sure it wasn't a dog or a cat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

You sure it wasn't a dog or a cat? :D

no. I even got my friend to confirm that it was in fact, a fox.
    she was slightly more sober than I was. :cool:

Advertisement