Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating a year

• 09-09-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

So I just got my results and I've failed two of my repeat exams.
    What do I do now?
    What happens to my grant?
    Answers appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Well depending on the course and the subjects you repeat the subjects failed next year. I some courses you may need to repeat the full year but your tutor can tell you more.
    Regarding your grant I think you will lose it. I dont think you can recieve it while repeating a year. You will get it back when you move to the next year.
    There might also be the possibility of appealing your result. Contact your tutor in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

So I just got my results and I've failed two of my repeat exams.
    What do I do now?
    What happens to my grant?
    Answers appreciated

Sorry to hear it.

You won't be eligible for a grant. They're not given out when it comes to repeating a year, if that's the option you want to take.

The only way you can get a grant is by moving forward a year, then you can apply and receive one.

What course are you doing?

If you failed two exams or modules, you can repeat just those two modules for the year to gain the credits to need to advance a year. This is pretty applicable to say, an Arts degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm in same position as OP. Does it cost more to repeat a year, than it would cost to say just do second or third year? Is there an extra fee on top of registration and capitation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

If ya repeat the whole year and every subject you have to pay in and around 7,000 as far as I know.
    If ya repeat just the failed subjects I think you pay per subject but I dont know how much that is

grenache wrote: »
    I'm in same position as OP. Does it cost more to repeat a year, than it would cost to say just do second or third year? Is there an extra fee on top of registration and capitation?

As far as I know, there's no extra fee to repeat. You have to pay for tuition (fees), registration and capitation. They're the three.

I think you posted about this already grenache?

What subject/module are you repeating?
    FluffyCat wrote: »
    If ya repeat the whole year and every subject you have to pay in and around 7,000 as far as I know.
    If ya repeat just the failed subjects I think you pay per subject but I dont know how much that is

Yes. If you repeat one you pay for just that one. Two, you pay for two and so on. It really varies from degree to degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

As far as I know, there's no extra fee to repeat. You have to pay for tuition (fees), registration and capitation. They're the three.

I think you posted about this already grenache?

What subject/module are you repeating?
    I posted earlier to ask if i failed a subject, would i necessarily have to repeat same subject next year or could i switch. I think you answered that one.

I have failed Psychology (all modules) and i think Geography (Physical and maybe Cultural) too. Results out next week. Honours Arts degree.

grenache wrote: »
    I posted earlier to ask if i failed a subject, would i necessarily have to repeat same subject next year or could i switch. I think you answered that one.

I have failed Psychology (all modules) and i think Geography (Physical and maybe Cultural) too. Results out next week. Honours Arts degree.

Make sure you know how you did before doing anything, then you can go about seeing what your options are.

Advertisement