Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration in UCC

Options
  • 27-08-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding the registration process for fees. I'm a tad confused about the methods by which I'm told to pay the 1650E. I haven't received a registration pack in the post yet, but I got an email today telling me to do the process. In it, it says;

"Please note the maximum amount you can pay with a Laser card is 1500. Please pay 1500, if you are paying by Laser card and complete your registration. Once you have completed your registration go to Step 15 for the payment of the balance of your fees (See instructions below)."

"Step 15: Click on On-line Fee Payments twice. You can now pay the balance of your fees. Enter all the mandatory fields. When you are satisfied that all are correct, click on the Pay Now Button. When your payment has been successfully processed you will receive a Success Notice."

When I did the first step above, I was asked to pay 150, and not 1500 as it says above, and so I did pay 150. When I clicked on the "On-line Fee Payments", no "Balance Amount" was mentioned either. Should I just go ahead and pay the 1500E on the On-Line Fee Payments then??

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Mine also only appeared as 150 euro.
    Did you recieve a grant last yr by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Davie89 wrote: »
    Mine also only appeared as 150 euro.
    Did you recieve a grant last yr by any chance?

Yes, I received a grant last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

150 euro is the Capitation fee which every student must pay. Grants don't cover it, so thats what it is I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Just asked a friend who has already registered. He said the 150 were the capitation fees and paid something like 1650 total. So 1500 + 150.

Lucas10101 wrote: »
    Yes, I received a grant last year.

as far as i know if you recieved a grant last yr the college assumes you will be elegible for one this yr and so the 1500 fee will not register on your "fees to be paid" as it will just be refunded anyways once you get the comfirmation letter from the grant office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Davie89 wrote: »
    as far as i know if you recieved a grant last yr the college assumes you will be elegible for one this yr and so the 1500 fee will not register on your "fees to be paid" as it will just be refunded anyways once you get the comfirmation letter from the grant office.

This is correct. If you got the grant last year, only pay €150 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

What do we need to have with us tomorrow?

After you pay the fees, what do we wait for then? I don't think we have to do Reg Part 2 like the First Years do we?

After you pay the fees, what do we wait for then? I don't think we have to do Reg Part 2 like the First Years do we?

After you pay the fee your done, there is no reg part 2 if you going into second yr, once the "150 euro" (im assumin in your case) is paid thats it,, look for your timetable and see what date your back to college, prob the 21st -ish and off you go.

Alright, grand so...so when are you given permission to register with the modules on blackboard so??

• Advertisement

As far as i know your college department automatically registers the modules for you on blackboard, so you dont have to
    I am open to correction on this tough as i am only entering 2yr meself,,,, but already on my blackboard the modules are starting to change becuase Pharmaceutical Technology (a 2nd yr module) is up on my blackboard :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Alright, grand so...so when are you given permission to register with the modules on blackboard so??

The department will automatically or in lectures etc. they'll give you the access code/password to register them.

Advertisement