Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roundabout, right of way

• 03-04-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,
    Live in a part of Dublin where there are quite a few small roundabouts, the painted on the road type. On my way home I have to turn right at one of these and the number of times someone comes barrelling through against me is staggering.
    As I understand it you must give way to traffic coming from your right so if I am indicating right cars coming against me must give way. Now I can see how some people might think that my right turn is the same as turning right at a crossroads due to the small roundabout but with yield signs all around it should be clear. Do people just not understand rounabouts or am I missing something?
    Also I have heard a lot of rumour that insurance companies go 50/50 on accidents on roundabouts. Is there any truth in this? Do you have to prove you were indicating?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

You must yield to traffic already on the roundabout. Often with these tiny roundabouts there has to be a kind of gentlemen's agreement as to who should proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 barfold

A bit of common sense is obviously required but should the rules of the road not apply the same as big roundabouts.Have almost had a tip a few times where I was on the roundabout and it looked like the other driver was going to stop only to continue on through. I suppose my question is who would be liable in the scenario described?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

barfold wrote: »
    A bit of common sense is obviously required but should the rules of the road not apply the same as big roundabouts.Have almost had a tip a few times where I was on the roundabout and it looked like the other driver was going to stop only to continue on through. I suppose my question is who would be liable in the scenario described?

The other car. although smaller, less visible they are treated exactly the same way as the main roundabouts on main roads.

Advertisement