Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My old 316i is now on donedeal as a 318is?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Was browsing some E30s and donedeal and the numberplate on one of the 318is' looked familiar. The reg was from a car I previously owned, but it was a 316i in a different color when I had it.

Could it be someone just converted it? It's still listed on cartell as a 316i.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Different colour? Probably used the reg on it, Could be a UK import...

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

I had a 316 before that was listed on Donedeal as a 318 before christmas. The seller removed had the badge on the boot.

Its up for sale again now, but just listed as 3 series
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw/6352044

I would think its a common mistake as the engine sizes could confuse some!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

My alpine white 316i has turned into this

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/e30-318is/6618653

ffocused wrote: »
    I had a 316 before that was listed on Donedeal as a 318 before christmas. The seller removed had the badge on the boot.

Its up for sale again now, but just listed as 3 series
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw/6352044

I would think its a common mistake as the engine sizes could confuse some!

No way you can confuse a 316i with a 318is.

Been cloned so...

Might be worth typing the reg in this thread in various formats so it will show up on Google.

• Advertisement

Do you mean

90C2080
    90-C-2080
    90 C 2080
    90/C/2080 ?

Surely if a potential buyer does a basic check he'll see something is up?

Maye the seller bought it with this reg already on it?

You'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Its a pretty common VRT and insurance dodge- someone buys the log book for the car with an Irish reg (usually the car has been wrecked, or is rotten), then sticks the reg plate on a UK car which hasn't been VRT'd.

I owned 88 C 1 for a while which was a burgundy pre-facelift E30 320i - saw the reg on a post facelift Dolphin Grey 325i for sale a few years back.

kdevitt wrote: »
    Its a pretty common VRT and insurance dodge- someone buys the log book for the car with an Irish reg (usually the car has been wrecked, or is rotten), then sticks the reg plate on a UK car which hasn't been VRT'd.

I owned 88 C 1 for a while which was a burgundy pre-facelift E30 320i - saw the reg on a post facelift Dolphin Grey 325i for sale a few years back.

I'm was thinking the same thing, but how do people get away with it when they are two different models?

kevin65 wrote: »
    I'm was thinking the same thing, but how do people get away with it when they are two different models?

Ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I seriously doubt that is an is anyways. Also the carpet looks wet in the driver's footwell.

It's a shame people do this but until the powers that be stop turning a blind eye to the problem, it'll keep happening.

Well, I reported this to donedeal, but some genius call James from the donedeal team replied to tell me that he checked and the reg was correct for this car. Oh well, I tried...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

renofan wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that is an is anyways. Also the carpet looks wet in the driver's footwell.

It's a shame people do this but until the powers that be stop turning a blind eye to the problem, it'll keep happening.

the red car is deffo an IS you can see the fatter 1.8 dohc 16v engine in the pic:)

car must likely be a ringer clone or VRT dodge even stolen and given a clean identy imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

It says 1.6 under engine size in the ad may be a typo.

ofcork wrote: »
    It says 1.6 under engine size in the ad may be a typo.

It's definitely the 1.8 M42 engine in it.

I have attached part of an old photo I have that shows the original car and reg.

Advertisement