Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended diving gear brands?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of gathering some basic gear for diving and snorkeling. Which brands do you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Scuba pro have a bad enough rep for Irish waters (Nick Named scuba-flow as they have a tendency to free flow). I've a set of Scuba pro regs and only had one instance of a free flow when I was diving in Portroe quarry (cold fresh water dive). Mares are considered a fairly solid brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Oh really? I was under the impression that Scuba Pro is quite liked around here.

I'm mostly interested in getting basic diving gear, as in: wet suit, booties, diving fins ( I have snorkeling ones, but am unable to use them with booties). Which brands should I be looking at?

Advertisement