Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Cannot open doors on Corolla Verso

Options
  • 04-04-2014 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Looking for some pointers..
    Toyota Corolla Verso will not unlock. I can open drivers door with the blade but the other doors are physically stuck closed. The car will start but drivers window won't open. All other windows open. Checked fuses and all ok. Has me stumped. I'm thinking possibly battery problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,385 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check if drivers door loom has been cut.
    Chances are you double-locked the doors last time (double-clicked lock button)

Can you open the other windows from the drivers door? Do electric mirrors work?

door_wiring_loom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

Take car for drive, if car has not been driven for a while power in battery will go down., which will affect electric's. I see that you can still start the car, so battery is not dead completely.
    If not this, the small battery in key fob might need to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ah Colm thanks...
    When I press the unlock button I can hear the locking click and the indicators flash but the doors won't unlock. If I pull the door lock back it springs back to lock position

Far as I know though the ignition turning on should disable the double locking and the central locking button on the door should lock/unlock once the ignition is on regardless of whether the remote key is working.

All points to an issue at the door.

BTW, what you describe with the door locks springing back is the double locking activated.

I started the car no problem and doors won't release. Just spotted fuse gone to driver window, swapped it for other window. I'll wait til morning to shed some light on subject

• Advertisement

Can you see any damage to the loom? People often cut this to break in.

Drivers door loom is ok. Pity I can't get at the others. I'll disconnect the battery in the morning and see if that releases the other doors. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I don't think disconnecting the battery will unlock the doors unfortunatly

Bad news folks... Looks like someone tried to rob the car. Drivers door loom cut and mark in inside of pillar suggesting blade was used

Not the worst possible outcome. Loom repair won't be massive money. Happens a lot on vans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Happened my da's corolla a good few years back. An electrician mate of mine rejoined up the wires in the loom, mind you that was the passenger door loom so possibly less wires running into that door.

Central locking and electric windows weren't right afterwards due to a blown integration relay behind the glove box. If you need one they're cheap on eBay, scrap yard.

Got it sorted. Bit of a mess but managed to rewire broken cables and need to get some more fuses tomorrow but all in all I'm wrecked!

Advertisement