Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A$$hole parkers.....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Award for worst parkers goes to customers of Supervalu, Beechmount in Navan. Absolute disaster area !!

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

dantastic wrote: »
    This is actually a bit of a hobby of mine. I call it passive aggressive parking. Whenever I can I park ridiculously close to people who have been unsuccessful in parking between the lines. The key is to make sure their drivers side door is blocked or that they will otherwise be unable (or will have great difficulty) getting out.

I only do this when I'm in my pretty banged up Land Rover...

I have no idea if the OP was parked between the lines but I have been plugging this hobby for years now and I know it's catching on....

I carry a puncture repair kit its very handy but it is unsafe to plug the side walls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

visual wrote: »
    I carry a puncture repair kit its very handy but it is unsafe to plug the side walls
    :confused:

slimjimmc wrote: »
    :confused:

I drive a Jeep too and sometime its not always a scrap the put down the side to demonstrate their displeasure if you park too close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

bugsntinas wrote: »
    I used to get fed up with this in the uk.returned to my car in a multi storey to find someone right next to the drivers door.just about managed to get in but in the process my keys must have been hanging out of my pocket as I squeezed down the side of the car.if they want to park that close they must expect the consequence.

Are you sure in some of these case that you are in the right?

You know the type when you go to pull in to last space in the car park and some a$$hole has parked ON the white line.

I always then pull in so that I am parked normally but they will have trouble getting in.

I will not compound problem by parking further over and allowing them room. Then next guy in thinks I am the a$$hole!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

christy02 wrote: »
    Are you sure in some of these case that you are in the right?

You know the type when you go to pull in to last space in the car park and some a$$hole has parked ON the white line.

I always then pull in so that I am parked normally but they will have trouble getting in.

I will not compound problem by parking further over and allowing them room. Then next guy in thinks I am the a$$hole!!!!!

See this I will never ever do. I will just move on till I find another spot. Why because as much as you are right you are also a lot more likely to come back and find your car with a ding or a scratch on it and well fcuk that I like my car in good nick much more than I appreciate the moral high ground on parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Volvos, Mercs, Alfa Romeos and Bentleys are my top four in order of parking pillocks, in that order.

Yea those bentleys are always wrecking my buzz :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

dantastic wrote: »
    This is actually a bit of a hobby of mine. I call it passive aggressive parking. Whenever I can I park ridiculously close to people who have been unsuccessful in parking between the lines. The key is to make sure their drivers side door is blocked or that they will otherwise be unable (or will have great difficulty) getting out.

I only do this when I'm in my pretty banged up Land Rover...

I have no idea if the OP was parked between the lines but I have been plugging this hobby for years now and I know it's catching on....

I am intrigued by the points that you have raised and would like to subscribe to your news letter. :cool:

My little Seicento is 15 years old, has a few dents and scrapes and can fit into a remarkably small space! I have great fun wedging it into the partial space left by tossers that feel they are entitled to park across 2 spaces because they are so important. :D

I normally then take a photo of the offending double spaced car on the old camera phone so that I have a record of the reg and then go about my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I always take up two spaces but I always go the the bottom of the car park so I am not using an extra space. Parking up near the front of a shop is madness as you have the highest turnover of cars coming and going so the chances of getting your car damaged are much higher.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

REXER wrote: »
    I am intrigued by the points that you have raised and would like to subscribe to your news letter. :cool:

My little Seicento is 15 years old, has a few dents and scrapes and can fit into a remarkably small space! I have great fun wedging it into the partial space left by tossers that feel they are entitled to park across 2 spaces because they are so important. :D

I normally then take a photo of the offending double spaced car on the old camera phone so that I have a record of the reg and then go about my business.

If I drove a 15 year old seicento I would be pissed off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

gallag wrote: »
    If I drove a 15 year old seicento I would be pissed off too.

I also ride a 1200 Kawasaki, hence my user name. No need for a big car to boost my ego.

I try to do what I can to limit my tax exposure to our corrupt polititians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had trouble with these asshole parkers in a previous job,spent time & effort blocking off part of a car park the evening before to allow me access with a digger,arrived the following morning to find the cones & barriers thrown to one side and cars in the 2 spaces.Luckily I had work elsewhere to do so came back later and blocked the spaces off again,deja vu the following morning.We bounced the cars towards one another & left just enough space to get a mini digger through,I worked away & didnt care if anything fell on the cars.The car park owner was going to call the cops to have the cars towed but I got more satisfaction in the thought of the owners coming back to find their cars mere millimeters from each other.

Regarding the op,a quick hard bump with the elbow or hip to the offending cars wing mirrors is the thing.They'll think twice about doing it again after having their mirrors smashed.
    Act like a cnut,expect to be treated like a cnut imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Truckermal wrote: »
    I always take up two spaces but I always go the the bottom of the car park so I am not using an extra space. Parking up near the front of a shop is madness as you have the highest turnover of cars coming and going so the chances of getting your car damaged are much higher.

Doing it at the back of the car park does not make it acceptable.

Can you not park correctly? Maybe you should get some lessons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

christy02 wrote: »
    Doing it at the back of the car park does not make it acceptable.

Can you not park correctly? Maybe you should get some lessons!

Totally agree, they might as well park sideways across a couple of spaces if they're that worried about their car.

If there are that many free spaces use just one, nothing more marks you out as a *ick, as using two spaces.

I also ride a 1200 Kawasaki, hence my user name. No need for a big car to boost my ego.

I try to do what I can to limit my tax exposure to our corrupt polititians.

:pac uses age old stereotype of big car to boost ego, in same sentence mention 1200 Kawasaki :pac

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Regarding the op,a quick hard bump with the elbow or hip to the offending cars wing mirrors is the thing.They'll think twice about doing it again after having their mirrors smashed.
    Act like a cnut,expect to be treated like a cnut imo.

Absolute and utter low life scumbag someone parks a car badly and you criminally damage there car. Hopefully someday you get caught doing it and get what you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Absolute and utter low life scumbag someone parks a car badly and you criminally damage there car. Hopefully someday you get caught doing it and get what you deserve.

I have to laugh when people try to justify that crap because of the other persons action's. Criminal damage is just that, whether the other driver is a Cnut or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mods any possibility of using this thread for bad parking pics or is that a complete no- no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭2011abc

Transit parked across the 'entrance' to the (only) two handicapped parking spaces at McDonalds , Maynooth .When you have that much contempt for society and sense of entitlement its a bit scarey !

image-14.jpg

Did I say that I did it? I just made a suggestion.

Do you find that people box in your high horse?

• Advertisement

Did I say that I did it? I just made a suggestion.

Do you find that people box in your high horse?

:pac: accusing someone of being a high horse because they don't condone criminal damage I've heard it all now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You are my hero of the day :cool::cool::cool:

Hopefully someday you get caught doing it and get what you deserve.

Yeah,because I spend my days damaging cars.:rolleyes:

Actually I abhor anybody causing damage to somebody's car.All I said is that if you act the bollix you should expect retribution,the taking off the wing mirror was tongue in cheek,would you like it better if I told the op to piss on the driver's door handles of the assholes cars.No damage done there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

5 pages in and bickering has already started. I can see the return of the obnoxious parking thread will last long.........

ba_barabus wrote: »
    5 pages in and bickering has already started. I can see the return of the obnoxious parking thread will last long.........

Wait until somebody mentions parent & child spaces,then you'll see bickering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

To be honest I can't see how that thread was/is any worse than the Dashcam one ! People expressing opinions . . . isn't that what Boards.ie has always been about ? How many google ads get displayed to all the people who view those threads I wonder ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You should print out a few of these and keep them handy:

http://youparklikeanasshole.com/give-a-notice/give-a-notice.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Some real hard men in here.

For those people saying their cars are dinged by people opening doors, is your car made of egg shells? I failed to see how somebody opening a door normally against another car would do that amount of damage. Fail enough if they give it an awful whack, but it takes a special effort to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Wait until somebody mentions parent & child spaces,then you'll see bickering.

Oh I agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

salonfire wrote: »
    For those people saying their cars are dinged by people opening doors, is your car made of egg shells? I failed to see how somebody opening a door normally against another car would do that amount of damage. Fail enough if they give it an awful whack, but it takes a special effort to do that.

They don't need to dent it to make ****e of the paintwork.

I remember buying a new van and parked it on street along with everyone else.

I noticed it was getting rub marks at the corners and often I come out and there would be a car inches from the front bumper and another inches from the back making it almost and sometimes impossible to get out from the parking space.

Solution came from taking to another van driver.
    Bull bars on the front and a tow bar on the rear
    Notice when it was parked that suddenly there was feet to spare at both front and rear of the van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If someone was walking past your garden and chucked the remains of a happy meal onto the grass would you think thats ok ?

Its the fact it shows a lack of respect for other peoples property. Whether there is damage or not is irrelevant.

If someone was walking past your garden and chucked the remains of a happy meal onto the grass would you think thats ok ?

Its the fact it shows a lack of respect for other peoples property. Whether there is damage or not is irrelevant.

So that's the problem then? People are not showing you and your car that you meticulously buff and polish every ten days any 'respect'?

It does not cause damage. It does not damage paintwork. Unless of course, somebody give it a proper slam against the side of your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

ba_barabus wrote: »

This thread demonstrates (a) why an Obnoxious Parking thread is needed and (b) why the mods need an Obnoxious Parking thread like a hole in the head (or vice versa). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

So that's the problem then? People are not showing you and your car that you meticulously buff and polish every ten days any 'respect'?

It does not cause damage. It does not damage paintwork. Unless of course, somebody give it a proper slam against the side of your car.

Nonsense. I had two seperate panels creased by a woman leaning her doors against mine today, and to be honest the carefree "get over yourself" attitude that was shown is a worrying trend among a large section of motorists. People are only to quick to absolve themselves of any responsibility when they mess up.

Advertisement