Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you feel weird going to the cinema on your own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Fortunately for me my gf is an avid cinema fan as well so we go on average to about 3 a fortnight. I've gone to the cinema by myself a handful of times but this was because i was working abroad in Scandanavia. The last films i've seen alone are:

Avalon
    Kiss of the Dragon
    Snatch

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm always in the cinema, but never alone. Kind of boring for me to trek out and sit there alone, and go home alone. We all tend to shut the f**k up in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I love going to the cinema alone, in fact I love watching movies on my own. Thats when I enjoy pictures the most - no chit chat or stupid questions. Usually I'll end up going with somebody in the end. A while back I used to always catch a flick on a Sunday afternoon on my own. Best time to be in the cinema IMO - nice and quiet so you can just fall away into the world of the movie.

But that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Actually when I'm at home, any noise drives me insane when I'm watching a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I've only gone to the cinema once on my own. It did feel very weird!

Half the enjoyment of going to the cinema for me is having a chat about the movie afterwards! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

i dont mind going to the movies on my own. If it was a big movie like say Matrix 2 or something i would prefer to go with a few mates, but generally i go to a movie on my own around once every fortnight (usually on the way home from work).

Actually a guy i work with cant get his head around the fact that a bunch of guys would go to the movies together. he thinks it is 'gay'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Giblet
    Actually when I'm at home, any noise drives me insane when I'm watching a film.

Same with TV for me. Irritates the **** out of me. Sometimes I'll tape a programme, just to watch it when no-one's in the house.

Advertisement