Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOM !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

dj jarvis wrote: »
    maybe they thought he did not use them all - maybe the yanks gave him loads
    dont forget he was fighting iran at the time

but me, i think they knew he had **** all - they just wanted him gone
    scarily like Iran

would not surprise me if America is still sore over the shah of persia/Iran getting overthrown after they spent ages getting him installed

Off course they knew he had none, they couldn't wait to get in there after
    9/11, to settle old scores.

This thing with Iran is going to be a whole new ball game, I've being following this now for the past four years and in my opinion if this ****
    goes down it's the start off ww3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

0066ad wrote: »

This thing with Iran is going to be a whole new ball game, I've being following this now for the past four years and in my opinion if this ****

dont know about that - very much hope not - but if or when it does , it wont be good for ANYBODY - wont somebody think of the oil supply !!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

You'll probably be disappointed, unlikely to be a ww3 over Iran.

You'll probably be disappointed, unlikely to be a ww3 over Iran.

I don't think i'll be disappointed, this will not only be Israel against Iran,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Go on, jasus, don't leave us hanging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

So what's the worst case? China/Russia support Iran?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Pottler wrote: »
    Tony, I thought I asked you to stop telling porkies. You are disgracing the Blair name.:D NO-ONE thought he had them, IT WAS BULL! Good, old fashioned bull. It gets spread about every now and then for various reasons.

Bill Clinton thought they were there, Hans Blix thought they were there.
    http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2004/03/18_blix.shtml

"Blix has written a new book, "Disarming Iraq," about the events leading up to the war. During that period he was lambasted by both doves and hawks: by the former for failing to state unequivocally that Iraq had no WMDs, and by the latter for failing to find them. As he explained Wednesday night, part of the problem was that he himself had believed the weapons probably existed. "I'm not here to have gut feelings," he said. "But yes, in December 2002 I thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction." Still, "the objective was to inspect effectively and to report objectively."

The Russians knew they were there because they gave them to him like the American's in the 80's.

They probably also got them out before the US invaded
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/aug/20/20030820-081256-6822r/

grizzly wrote: »

there was a thread on this a while back - conclusion about china was that it did not have lone range capability - does not even have a working aircraft carrier , cant see how they would get involved other than long range missiles and it few long range bombers - dont forget the US has more aircraft carriers than all others combined ( i think )
    ** ok they do - link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_by_country **

as for russia - who knows , why would they go to war for Iran - its a weapon buyer for sure , but so are nations that want to attack Iran - lets face it they will sell to anyone

cant see why they would get involved other than for saving face somehow
    but would they for that reason alone - i doubt it

if it does kick off - i can see the super powers trying to keep out and maybe fighting a proxy war

if someone was paying me big money to hunt for leprechauns in the glen of Imaal, I doubt i'd come out and state unequivocably that there were none for a fact. I imagine I'd prevaricate somwhat.

Pottler wrote: »
    if someone was paying me big money to hunt for leprechauns in the glen of Imaal, I doubt i'd come out and state unequivocably that there were none for a fact. I imagine I'd prevaricate somwhat.

dont be a idiot !!! everyone knows the FCA killed the last one in the 70's :D

• Advertisement

dont be a idiot !!! everyone knows the FCA killed the last one in the 70's :D
    Pay me and I'll convince the world they might just be there.:D I would just need another year of paid "looking for them" to be 100% sure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RC1Mepk_Sw&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Mossad got him. poor soul. Run while ye still are able.

really dont understand why some people are sticking their heads in the sand on this issue - as the last clip shows clearly to me , as we people here tonight debate this , mostly of sound mind and thinking un biased - some are voicing that i just wont happen - sides have to much at stake bla bla

well it does look like the main players are just in a fantasy world and really dont live in the same reality as most people

we think no way - how could they? , but they are thinking how and when , even on nations like Lebanon - these dudes are f2ucked up war mongering assholes
    dont ever forget how stupidly aggressive they can be

i shudder to think what they have on plans in ministry of defenses all around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Surely it'd be a lot easier and safer to facilitate the millions of Iranians who despise their regime to overthrow the government? Not like the CIA haven't experience! Wouldn't bombing them, and almost certainly killing civilians, just bring the Iranians together?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

grizzly wrote: »

They are already. They've blocked or held up UN security council resolutions on Syria already (Russia has for sure). If the Russians finally do start favouring the Western stance on Syria, you can be sure it's because the Syrian Gov't has defeated the opposition and it just doesn't matter anymore.

Augmerson wrote: »
    They are already. They've blocked or held up UN security council resolutions on Syria already (Russia has for sure). If the Russians finally do start favouring the Western stance on Syria, you can be sure it's because the Syrian Gov't has defeated the opposition and it just doesn't matter anymore.

could you expand on that point? why would they back Syria gov forces to win and then back the western stance - the western stance is to bring the gov down - would it be becasue of the Russian foot hold in Syria ( its naval base ) or would it be political ?

good to see im not the only crazy scaremonger on here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056752703

thin foil hats anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Just a little something into the mix:
    Iran Imports From Turkey Surge To $8 Billion YTD – $3.2 Billion Worth Of Bullion In Q2 2012 Posted on September 11, 2012 by Mark OByrne| 9 Comments
    Some $3.2 billion of Turkey’s $4.4 billion of gold sales to Iran in
    the first half of the year were in bullion form.
    People, companies and banks in Iran are buying gold as a safe haven
    against months of sanctions induced currency devaluation.
    This trend looks set to continue and may even intensify if Israel
    attacks Iran in the coming months.
    http://maxkeiser.com/2012/09/11/iran-imports-from-turkey-surge-to-8-billion-ytd-3-2-billion-worth-of-bullion-in-q2-2012/
    3.2Bn of gold in Q2! Well now, thats going to go for a sh1t when Iran gets invaded! I suppose it'll go a long way towards paying for bunker busters and the like.
    And before anyone cries at me about my link and it's validity......well, copy and paste the title of the quoted bit and see for yourself how many people are talking about this.
    Here, i've done it for you:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/iran-gold-imports-surge-12-billion-usd-precious-metals-turkey-april-alone
    http://payvand.com/news/10/aug/1131.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/17/gold-turkey-iran-idUSL5E8GGF3K20120517
    ISTANBUL, May 17 (Reuters) - Turkish gold sales to Iran in March soared over 30 times and gold companies said Iranians were turning to gold for savings and possibly trade as Western sanctions tighten.
    Sanctions to force Iran to curb its nuclear programme have targeted its energy and banking sectors and new measures from both the United States and European Union take effect in July, aimed at strangling Tehran's foreign earnings.

What has this got to do with impending war?
    Discuss!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Ì reckon Iran will do what it has always done and sit on its fingers happy to be a pain in the arse for most of the rest of the world. They dont need to do anything else.
    Israel are the nervous ones and I do think they will strike at strategic targets within Iran. Clearly just killing scientists with car bombs is not doing to crack this egg.
    The question is whether they do it pre-election knowing that this could mess up Obama's election. They are no fans of Obama and a Republican sitting in the Oval office is always better for Israel.
    The other question is, given that Iran must be expecting some metal to be landing on their soil soon - what have they got up their sleeve? Is it all a bluff and they have no plan? Or have they been planning for this for years?

I dont think there will be any boots on the ground in either country and for me it is a question of how many missles get exchanged before some truce is agreed.

• Advertisement

bump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dead thread is dead.

from todays telegraph

so im scaremongering am i ?

ill informed people should keep their ill informed opinions to themselves
    for the rest who actually debated this - here ya go

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-British-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html

everything i said - haters gonna hate

Augmerson wrote: »
    Dead thread is dead.

maybe you should read the link before you declare a thread dead

its far from it - mirrors my point to a tee

some more from today alone

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/16/israel-demands-us-red-line-iran-nuclear

" He also sought to link Iran's nuclear programme to the murder last week of the US ambassador to Libya. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "It's the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today. You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?"

and so the warnings to conflict continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

will paddy power take a bet on Iran getting bombed back to the stone age before Christmas ? or as some people think bombed forward to the stone age :D
    You could be right about Iran being bombed back to the stone age

Israel’s New Secret Weapon Unveiled. EMP nuke weapons that could destroy every unprotected electronic circuit within its range, it would incapacitate transportation, communications, computer systems, power grids, hospitals, etc.

Sunday Times quotes defense experts as saying that Jewish state could cripple Islamic Republic’s power grid with electromagnetic pulses

According to the Sunday morning report, the Jewish state could cripple the Islamic Republic’s power grid with electromagnetic pulses as part of a concerted attack to halt Iran’s military nuclear program, which could “send Iran back to the Stone Age.”

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/10/israels-new-secret-weapon-unveiled/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

dj jarvis you are getting most of your info from sites that are pro Israel.

If you look at press tv you see the other sides propaganda.

They all lie so you have to peace it together yourself to make up your own mind what is true and what is not.

Netanyahu .....I wouldn't believe a word this guy says anymore than I would believe Ahmadinejad.

Dodd wrote: »
    dj jarvis you are getting most of your info from sites that are pro Israel.

If you look at press tv you see the other sides propaganda.

They all lie so you have to peace it together yourself to make up your own mind what is true and what is not.

Netanyahu .....I wouldn't believe a word this guy says anymore than I would believe Ahmadinejad.

sorry but you are making a assumption that i am pro anybody or i am only taking from pro Israel sites .
    i have stated many times im pro no one

you can think its propaganda - and maybe some might be
    but it does not change the fact that it is happening - now
    they may never do it - but every player has planned for it - is gearing up for it - has weapons specifically built for the task in hand
    and now the deadlines are being shouted for

how is reported fact from not just the media but the government's involved propaganda?
    Israel has said it wants action - america is bricking it that the Israeli's will go solo, dragging them into a conflict , Iran has said it will retaliate if attacked

so adding it all up - there is propaganda involved - no doubt
    but the diplomatic and military build up is no propaganda - its happening in the real world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

sorry but you are making a assumption that i am pro anybody or i am only taking from pro Israel sites .
    i have stated many times im pro no one

you can think its propaganda - and maybe some might be
    but it does not change the fact that it is happening - now
    they may never do it - but every player has planned for it - is gearing up for it - has weapons specifically built for the task in hand
    and now the deadlines are being shouted for

how is reported fact from not just the media but the government's involved propaganda?
    Israel has said it wants action - america is bricking it that the Israeli's will go solo, dragging them into a conflict , Iran has said it will retaliate if attacked

so adding it all up - there is propaganda involved - no doubt
    but the diplomatic and military build up is no propaganda - its happening in the real world
    I was not assuming anything.
    I was simply posting to let you know that the links you posted were one sided.

Since you have got all defensive I will say that anyone who calls Israel the Jewish state and calls Iranians Islamic mullasis is pro Israel.

Below from your post 26 on this thread.

this would also bring other western powers into the fray , including strange bed fellows like Israel and the saudi's , all for totally differing reasons but one ultimate goal - to wipe Iran and its Islamic mullas from the face of the earth

you can not under estimate how much of a trigger finger the Israelis have when it comes to this issue - becasue of the weekly threats from Iran against the Jewish state to wipe it from the map , all Israel needs is a hit of a reason and they WILL take out the nuke site , do not doubt this for one second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

An Israeli attack on Iran is closer than most think.
    First they will use the US election uncertanity period, the fact yria is f*cked ATM and not really a threat.

Iran is not a great military force. They have been more concerned with keeping their own people in check rather than woking on strategies of defence from an IDF lead attack.

When the attack does come it will be charactarised by a massive initial cyber attack on a scale not seen before. Then we'll see IAF airstrikes facillitated by the use of US AWACS.

The third phase will be the hard to reach targets. Israeli Jerrico missiles will target these.

Iran will try and counter, but Israeli anti missile technology will sound enough to handle most threats.

Internally the IDF, Mossad and Shin Bet will target possible West Bank and Gazza militants.

All in all it Israel will kick ass!!

Advertisement