Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some bedtime reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I got a magazine that came from the ones who run that site. It became clear they were of the evolution denier sort. They are careful to point out:
    We are not Jehovah's Witnesses
    just another type of insanity. Part of that may be me continuing on the train of thought they didn't bother to emphasise.

Edit: Just cuious, how'd you come across 'em? Did you get a magazine sent to you too, or did you see them mentioned somewhere online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nice one OP. This is surely one of those elaborate hoaxes. Check this bit out
    But perhaps the clearest evidence of all is the Bible’s own testimony. Repeatedly the Bible claims to be the Word of God and this is no idle claim, because on countless occasions the Bible proves its reliability by prophesying in detail about events that were not to come to pass for centuries. Also despite being written over a period of more than fifteen hundred years, by numerous different authors, in more than one language and on three different continents, the Bible has an undeniable internal harmony and coherent message.

I don't know which is worse. It's the word of god because it says it's the word of god or it has an UNDENIABLE internal harmony. Christ you only have to read the first 2 chapters in the very first book to refute that claim.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I did the "Am I a Good Person?" test hoping for a score.

But no, I'm just going to Hell because I've angered the entity responsible for the entire universe.
    Isn't it true that every time you lied, stole, or lusted, etc., you knew it was wrong?

You have actually angered Him by your sin.

The Bible says His wrath abides on you, that you are an "enemy of God in your mind through wicked works."

Perhaps you think God is good and because of his goodness He will overlook your sins?

But if you knew of a human judge who turned a blind eye to the crimes of a guilty rapist... would you describe him as a "good" judge?

No.

That would be a "corrupt" judge.

God could never be a corrupt judge.

He will punish all the rapists, murderers, and thieves... But He won't stop there. He will also punish all liars, the lustful, adulterers, idolaters, and blasphemers.

The place of eternal punishment is Hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

God does not want you to perish. He is rich in mercy and compassion, and has provided a way for you to be forgiven. He has invited you to come to Him for a full pardon and receive the free gift of Eternal Life. You cannot earn it, and you do not deserve it, but God is offering it to you as proof of His love for you.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Dades wrote: »

But no, I'm just going to Hell because I've angered the entity responsible for the entire universe.

Ahh that site made THE test. It's a fix see my post about it http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67933538&postcount=2388

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

God does not want you to perish. He is rich in mercy and compassion, and has provided a way for you to be forgiven. He has invited you to come to Him for a full pardon and receive the free gift of Eternal Life. You cannot earn it, and you do not deserve it, but God is offering it to you as proof of His love for you.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

Jeez, God sounds more and more like a mob boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i got 1 outa 10 on the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »

As I was doing the test I was thinking "This seems a lot like the tripe Ray Comfort asks people." Sure enough there it was before my very eyes..www.livingwaters.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Oh dear:eek: I got 1 out of 10. I have angered God:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Beeker wrote: »
    Oh dear:eek: I got 1 out of 10. I have angered God:eek:

No worries! He's infinitely complex so he can't feel emotion. ;) He may still decide to punish you though, fortunately all you have to is REPENT IN O LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL BE SAVED!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Malty_T wrote: »
    No worries! He's infinitely complex so he can't feel emotion. ;) He may still decide to punish you though, fortunately all you have to is REPENT IN O LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL BE SAVED!!!

Oh thank GOD :rolleyes: Damm can't get away from him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I think they have a shop in Westport (not sure exactly what the relationship is, as it's not mentioned on the website, but there's a big banner with the logo in the shop), with wooden children's toys in the window. We went in to get a little toy buggy for my daughter, but as soon as I went in the door, my Spidie sense started tingling. Sure enough, the book shelf had an abundance of books deriding evolution, Dawkins, homosexuality, secularism - the usual fare.

I didn't particularly want to give them my money, but my wife liked the little buggy, so she got it.

A strange mix, wooden toys and fundamentalist nonsense. But I suppose Jesus' dad was a carpenter.

Their magazine gets put through my door (Ennis, Co. Clare) from time to time. There must be a supporter around here somewhere.

Advertisement