Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Medical condition and renewing a learner permit

Options
  • 13-02-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I renewed my permit last year, for my 3rd provisional. Inbetween my 2nd and third provisional i was sick and i now i have one of the medical conditions on the form that requires you to get the med form filled out by a gp. So i did that last year and the gp filled it in, ticking a box saying i will be fine for driving for the next five years (he was just estimating but being cautious by not filling out 10 years). I have to renew my permit now a year later, do i need another med form filled out for this one or, considering he said i was grand for five years can i skip this bit, it will be an extra 55 euro on top of the normal fee for me!

Also i lost the form that said i failed a test i did, i suppose there is no way of getting a copy somewhere, it will just be a matter of applying for the test again...am i right?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

I renewed my permit last year, for my 3rd provisional. Inbetween my 2nd and third provisional i was sick and i now i have one of the medical conditions on the form that requires you to get the med form filled out by a gp. So i did that last year and the gp filled it in, ticking a box saying i will be fine for driving for the next five years (he was just estimating but being cautious by not filling out 10 years). I have to renew my permit now a year later, do i need another med form filled out for this one or, considering he said i was grand for five years can i skip this bit, it will be an extra 55 euro on top of the normal fee for me!

Also i lost the form that said i failed a test i did, i suppose there is no way of getting a copy somewhere, it will just be a matter of applying for the test again...am i right?

Thanks in advance!

I suspect each new application will require new medical.
    Regarding part 2
    Contact driver testing for confirmation of previous test

Advertisement