Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did You Know? ....... Strange Facts

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Your arse is directly connected to your eyes.............

.....when you pluck a hair from your arse your eyes water:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

what? you rub them all over yourself in the shower?

Yes,in a form of 4play lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

No word in the the English dictionary rhymes with "MONTH"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Shane St. wrote: »

Or orange or purple. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Shane St. wrote: »

cunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Punt - as in flat bottomed boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

cunth;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Larianne wrote: »
    Uncooked kidney beans can poison you.

Don't worry, the ones in the tin are pre-cooked.

Terrorists fantasize about Castor beans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricin

The method is well known and has been used several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

It is imposible to brush your teeth without shaking your ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

He who laughs last didnt get the joke!

People who live in glass houses shouldnt take showers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Ireland is the biggest consumer of baked beans in the world.i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

The number zero is more even than any other number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evenness_of_zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

I am 507km long . . .

. . . I am sick of these motherf*cking planes (and helicopters) in my motherf*cking snakey river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

iuo tyupoed thiuds ewuiythg mnyt mnuivckjreyt

(i typed that with my mickey:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

In 2000, Helsinki University of Technology cooled a piece of Rhodium to a 10th of a billionth degree above absolute zero (-273°c) The second coldest spot in the universe is in Massachusetts IT where they did the same with some sodium gas.
    Even in deep space, it doesn't get below -245°c. The coldest natural place in the universe is the Boomerang Nebula which is -271°c. The coldest place in our Solar System is the moon of Triton which is recorded as having a temperature of -235°c.

Ha i found that when I was searching too. Next time be more specific than FINLAND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

In 2000, Helsinki University of Technology cooled a piece of Rhodium to a 10th of a billionth degree above absolute zero (-273°c) The second coldest spot in the universe is in Massachusetts IT where they did the same with some sodium gas.
    Even in deep space, it doesn't get below -245°c. The coldest natural place in the universe is the Boomerang Nebula which is -271°c. The coldest place in our Solar System is the moon of Triton which is recorded as having a temperature of -235°c.

That's the coolest fact ever.

Urgh.

/vomits over keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Why am I getting a mental picture of bending for the soap in the shower.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 couch13

Laughing hurts and gives you wrinkles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

couch13 wrote: »
    Laughing hurts and gives you wrinkles too.

Yeah but it's totally worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

In 2012, the main football and hurling teams in Ballaghaderreen in County Roscommon still play in the Mayo championship because when the GAA club was established in the town, Ballaghaderreen was in Co. Mayo. It was only in 1898, under the Local Government Act of that year, that Ballaghaderreen was moved into Co Roscommon. It was moved to Roscommon because the MP, John Dillon, was from a wealthy family in Ballaghaderreen and rates were cheaper in Roscommon. Some things never change with politicians!

Interesting story about it in The Irish Times today, ahead of the Mayo-Donegal All-Ireland tomorrow: No divisions as this Rossie town firmly backing Mayo

Any other GAA clubs that play in another county's championship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

walshb wrote: »
    It's said that there are more people alive on the planet NOW than have ever died in history.

Also, the only word in the English language to contain the letters, A-F and no others is Feedback

I think you're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Holy zombie thread Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Fact

It's dangerous to stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear... *

* You've just tried to stick your elbow in your ear, haven't you.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Seanchai wrote: »

Bray Emmets from Wicklow used to play in the Dublin Championship. And I don't think it was that terribly long ago, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,356 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is a Tax form filled in or filled out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

The fastest man-made object ever was a manhole cover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Seanchai wrote: »
    In 2012, the main football and hurling teams in Ballaghaderreen in County Roscommon still play in the Mayo championship because when the GAA club was established in the town, Ballaghaderreen was in Co. Mayo. It was only in 1898, under the Local Government Act of that year, that Ballaghaderreen was moved into Co Roscommon. It was moved to Roscommon because the MP, John Dillon, was from a wealthy family in Ballaghaderreen and rates were cheaper in Roscommon. Some things never change with politicians!

Interesting story about it in The Irish Times today, ahead of the Mayo-Donegal All-Ireland tomorrow: No divisions as this Rossie town firmly backing Mayo

Part of Roscommon near Athlone was moved into Westmeath to keep all of the Athlone urban area in the same county. Ballaghadereen was given to Roscommon in part compensation.

Advertisement