Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Shoe lace incident

Options
  • 22-09-2012 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

The other day I went outside the door to put on my shoes, its one of them porches with no door so serves me right for leaving them there. You could probably see the shoes from the road if you're walking past.

Some fecker anyway decided my laces on one of my shoes were too long so they came through the gate presumably and left about 3" of lace on both sides, just enough to tie it with a double knot. They didn't bother doing the other shoe or robbing anything. Also they left the laces there and they were cut into pieces as well as if they cut them once and then decided to take some more off. Couldn't have been an animal cause they were grand clean cuts

Wtf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

eth0 wrote: »
    The other day I went outside the door to put on my shoes, its one of them porches with no door so serves me right for leaving them there. You could probably see the shoes from the road if you're walking past.

Some fecker anyway decided my laces on one of my shoes were too long so they came through the gate presumably and left about 3" of lace on both sides, just enough to tie it with a double knot. They didn't bother doing the other shoe or robbing anything. Also they left the laces there and they were cut into pieces as well as if they cut them once and then decided to take some more off. Couldn't have been an animal cause they were grand clean cuts

Wtf?
    You poor sole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Did you leave the cake out in the rain too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The incident. It'll be on the news next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

You sure your dog didn't eat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

God works in mysterious ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Ha ha funny stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

probably the council. just making sure that you won't trip over your laces. that's the property tax working already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Got a pair of shoes delivered from Asia the other day, only came with one lace.
    I looked at the box, and it said Ti wan...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Its the sort of thing a granny would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Sounds to me like someone has it in for you. In many cultures and various belief systems symbolic dicing of a personal item belonging to someone else means they are wishing for the same thing to happen to you. Don't go near any meat slicers or chip cutters. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Could you have gotten fingerprints off the bits they cut off? I hope u didn't handle them or it could ruin the case for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The incident. It'll be on the news next.

Yeah, I can see it as one of those quirky stories they use on Reeling in the Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

eth0 wrote: »
    The other day I went outside the door to put on my shoes, its one of them porches with no door

Wtf?

It's far from porches we were reared, in my day what you describe was called a step.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sounds like a job for cagney and... lacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Oh that's just that fetishist Jack the Ripper copycat.

Tabloids are calling him Hack The Slipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

You need the help of Ian Fieggen.
    Shoelace expert.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It starts with laces being cut up but son escalates into much worser and badder things. I would advise you to move house, change your identity and you should probably consider face reconstruction surgery too...just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Deterrent worked!

Advertisement