Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma medication in pregnancy

Options
  • 17-11-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, This is my first post. I hope it's in the right board. :)
    I'm not pregnant at the moment but my husband & I are thinking about it.
    I take inhalers, singulair & uniphyllin for pretty serious asthma.
    I've asked my doctor are these safe in pregnancy or should I try to come off them but don't seem to get a definitive answer.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it is one of those situations where they make a risk assessment based on the untested risks of the drugs in pregnancy vs your health with out them. If there are known pregnancy side effects they will tell you.

I had to take Bricanyl during my 4 but did not take any steroids except the pregnancy related ones on my 1st baby.

*mod note*
    Remember no medical advice can be given out here but you are welcome to share stories of being pregnant with Asthma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Speak to your GP again or if you get pregnant speak to your consultant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement