Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 days late, negative tests

Options
  • 10-11-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Any advice/experience welcome!

My period was due last Wednesday (3rd). On Tuesday/Wednesday I was feeling bloated, normal for me ahead of my period. On Thursday the bloated feeling was gone, but no sign of period.

On Friday evening, I did a digital pregnancy test which came back negative. On Sun evening, with still no sign of my period, I did a cheap pregnancy test, as I had read that the digital ones are not the most reliable. Came back negative, no hint of a line in the test window. I did another one this morning, in case the hormone concentration might be higher then. Still negative.

So, I'm 5 days late, which is very unusual for me, usually very regular, out by a day at most. No other symptoms.

Anyone experience anything similar? Did you turn out to be pregnant/not pregnant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Yes this happened to me before. Like you never late, or at most a day, usually like clockwork. Was six days late in the end so the negative tests I was getting were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wicklass

Just wanted to follow up on this- period finally showed up 8 days late! I had been googling and reading anything I could find on unusually late periods and negative tests, but few people had come back to post what the outcome was for them, so decided to follow up here.

Bit disappointed, but due to start IVF next month (we're unexplained, so pregnancy could happen naturally) so hopefully we'll be lucky with that!

Advertisement