Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Individual butters

Options
  • 04-11-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere someone who is not a shop/cafe can buy individual butters? I'm bringing in my soup to work and buy fresh bread on the way in each morning (hence can't butter at home) but since we have no fridge I was thinking these would be really handy if I could buy a box somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

I am also looking for them for a event this Saturday. I got them in buy lo in ashbourne before but they closed down.I'm going to try jc's in swords today will let you know if I have any look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not as far as I know but Unscented dental floss and a warmed block and you should easily be able to portion in up and then wrap in cling

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Jc's swords have them 9.99 for a box of 150.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You can't beat JC's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You can't beat JC's :)

I've never been but I'm starting to believe that it's some sort of food and drink Mecca. Whenever someone asks where can I get whatever, someone will always reply saying that JC's more than likely have it.
    It's a bit like the English Market. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've never been but I'm starting to believe that it's some sort of food and drink Mecca. Whenever someone asks where can I get whatever, someone will always reply saying that JC's more than likely have it.

It's a big, overstuffed higgledy-piggledy supermarket but they really do seem to have everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sala wrote: »
    since we have no fridge
    I used to put butter in a little tub in an unheated room. We even had a fridge I just wanted it spreadable. It would be enough for a few days.

You can get little containers, or reuse hotel mini honey/jam jars.

Mini bonne maman jams are 1.49 for 3 in dealz now. These are tapered to the top so its easier to get everything out of them.

http://www.dealz.ie/dz-30g-bonne-maman-blcurt-jam

116629_1.jpg

cake-bake-and-sweet-show_nessy-eater-83.jpg?w=705

Is there anywhere someone who is not a shop/cafe can buy individual butters? I'm bringing in my soup to work and buy fresh bread on the way in each morning (hence can't butter at home) but since we have no fridge I was thinking these would be really handy if I could buy a box somewhere

I don't put the butter I use at home in the fridge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JCs is indeed a mecca, needed a lithium battery for my car key recently, and lo and behold they had them. I think they are distributors for a lot of food companies and that's the reason behind the vast range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I don't put the butter I use at home in the fridge.

Yes but in my office I'd basically have a packet of butter left on my desk!

• Advertisement

Put it in the drawer? That's where my lunch goes. Failing that, put it in a box or a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The little jars I showed would be suitable. I have small non-transparent white ones so nobody would even know whats in it. In my local takeaway I get small dips which come in microwaveable dishwasher proof tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

If you regularly eat/drink in a restaurant/cafe/pub, I'm sure someone would oblige you by ordering a box in at cost price for you!

Advertisement