Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dipping Sambos/Rolls in Tea

Options
  • 13-11-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I like to dip my sandwich or roll into my tea before I eat it. I don't always do it but sometimes I will. I would never do it in public as the only time I did it caused a woman to stare at me while making a funny face.

Does anybody else do this? I can't be the only person. Why is it OK to dip all sorts into soup but dip into tea and you're a lunatic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Big Cheese wrote: »
    you're a lunatic?

Because soggy tea-flavoured bread isn't high on my "guilty food combinations" list. (Whereas I once ate koka noodles with strawberry yoghurt...it was nice!).

Although, I may try it the next time. Or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Wouldn't there be a load of icky saturated lumps in it by the end of the mug?

Although can't beat the taste of a big bite of a sandwich and a slurp of hot tea to chew it with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

I once ate koka noodles with strawberry yoghurt...it was nice!).
    Ok that's just wrong. You are possibly the only person ever to try that combo. I'm intrigued though.

Kovu wrote:
    Wouldn't there be a load of icky saturated lumps in it by the end of the mug?
    Yep, bits of cheese n ham n bread. Gulp it all down. Have you tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Yep, bits of cheese n ham n bread. Gulp it all down. Have you tried it?

Uuuuuurgh no. I have a weird thing about not finishing my tea if there are bits of biscuit in the bottom of the mug from dunking them.

I'd prob be sick if I found bits of sandwich in my last drop of tea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

This has just made my stomach turn. Aside from soggy bread you'd also get bits of condiment such as mustard/mayo/relish in you rtea. God it sounds hideous to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm glad you'd never do it in public, OP - I'd gag if I saw someone doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I like to dip my sandwich or roll into my tea before I eat it. I don't always do it but sometimes I will. I would never do it in public as the only time I did it caused a woman to stare at me while making a funny face.

Does anybody else do this? I can't be the only person. Why is it OK to dip all sorts into soup but dip into tea and you're a lunatic?

five0-ouch.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

My girlfriend dips her pizza crusts into her tea. Can't say it ever appealed to me!

I suppose this is the general reaction I expected. And I do understsnd how the soggy bread and floating cheesybit in tea can be severely off-putting to most. But I find it delicious.
    Pizza crust in tea? That's new.

Has anyone tried dipping it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Only 4 things that should be dipped

1.oil tank
    2.biscuits in tea
    3.bread in soup
    4.your wick

end of !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anyone tried dipping it. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    I have had wetted bread and did not like it, this was hot dog rolls I wetted too much by mistake. I would seriously sooner try the koka noodles & yogurt than this tea dipping.
    Why is it OK to dip all sorts into soup but dip into tea and you're a lunatic?
    Because soup is a food, a liquid food, some might drink cupasoups as though it was a hot drink, but these are thin & watery and not great for dipping bread in, it is too thin and falls apart.

I would use bread for 2 reasons, I do not like very hot soup and the cold bread means I can eat it quicker. And then I use the bread to mop up any remaining soup in the bowl. If bits of bread fall off into my soup it does not bother me, its just wheat based food and the soup is often thickened with similar.
    The word soup comes from French soupe ("soup", "broth"), which comes through Vulgar Latin suppa ("bread soaked in broth") from a Germanic source, from which also comes the word "sop", a piece of bread used to soak up soup or a thick stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I like to dip my sandwich or roll into my tea before I eat it.

Fellow dipper!!!
    I always used to dip my rolls into tea, especailly lovely ham and cheese rolls with lots of butter.
    I haven't done it in ages though. Must go back to it! :D

whiskeyman wrote:
    Fellow dipper!!! I always used to dip my rolls into tea, especailly lovely ham and cheese rolls with lots of butter. I haven't done it in ages though. Must go back to it! 

Finally, another dipper. Yeah, lots of butter really makes it delicious. Also, nothing qorse than the first dip with a roll and the tea spills over the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Finally, another dipper. Yeah, lots of butter really makes it delicious. Also, nothing qorse than the first dip with a roll and the tea spills over the sides

aye, that's a disaster!
    Key is during the first dip to dip slowly to allow the bread / roll to soak up the tea and avoid any displacement.
    Once that first dip is savoured, the rest can be dunked at will.

Advertisement