Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPL in DCU

Options
  • 22-11-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im just wondering has anybody out there studied the economics, politics and law course in DCU ?
    Im currently in 6th year and have shown interest in this course , I am just wondering what are the post grad opportunities like , is the maths difficult and if I have not done economics for the LC will this be a major disadvantage. Also overall opinion of the course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BasedHobbes

I'm in BCL, but seeing as how no one replied, I'll tell you what I know of the course.

It's three years long. You can specialize in second and final year. There's an optional year abroad, if your grades are good enough.

I've heard the maths can be hard in first year. A few of my friends failed on the economics side, whilst doing well at the Law and Politics aspects. I'm not sure if not studying economics will be a disadvantage tbh, I doubt it would be.

The law modules are great. You can train to be a solicitor with your EPL degree after you graduate (or any level 8 degree). The politics modules are also supposed to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Helena_

Finlay wrote: »
    I'm in BCL, but seeing as how no one replied, I'll tell you what I know of the course.

It's three years long. You can specialize in second and final year. There's an optional year abroad, if your grades are good enough.

I've heard the maths can be hard in first year. A few of my friends failed on the economics side, whilst doing well at the Law and Politics aspects. I'm not sure if not studying economics will be a disadvantage tbh, I doubt it would be.

The law modules are great. You can train to be a solicitor with your EPL degree after you graduate (or any level 8 degree). The politics modules are also supposed to be great.
    Thanks this has been helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I'm in EPL, the course is good, nice weighing out of three different areas. I didn't study economics for the leaving and got a good result in first year. While it's helpful to have it you don't need it. The maths part varies on how good you are at it. The only maths module you have in first year is business maths in semester 1. A good few failed it last year it's not hard if you are good at maths just depends on how much you study for the exam, but I won't worry about it. Law isn't hard to get into and a lot of aspects of it are enjoyable at times. Politics is okay, I'm not the biggest fan of it but it is easiest out of the 3. For post grad there are so many areas you can get into business, finance, econ, law or various political/communications. It all depends on what modules you pick in your final year

Advertisement