Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Horizon Phone App

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Belfunk wrote: »
    I had this problem, turns out the app didn't have access to the microphone.

Settings, Privacy, Microphone - Make sure its turned on for the - Phone - app.

Nice one for that...that was the prob all along...I rang UPC twice about this and they had no clue.
    Cheers mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Looking for advice, problem with the Horizon Phone app on OH's iPhone4. App had been working fine, now when you try to make a call using the app, one of the following messages pops up:

No Internet
    "No working internet connection can be detected. You need to have internet connection to place or receive a call. If wi-fi is enabled, try another wi-fi network or connect via 3G".

or:

SIP Account settings error
    Check SIP configuration.

The wi-fi is working, and the app is working fine on my Sony Experia phone. I have deleted and re-installed the app and it has made no difference. We have done nothing with any phone settings either.

Any advice appreciated,
    John.
    Yes & I rang tech support about it. They are aware of the problem & are working on a fix. The problem is just with iOS devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PHILI007

I'm having the same problem with Horizon Phone App on my iPhone, (Sip Account Error). Downloaded App on Samsung and it's working fine. Any suggestions?

PHILI007 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with Horizon Phone App on my iPhone, (Sip Account Error). Downloaded App on Samsung and it's working fine. Any suggestions?
    Read the post directly above yours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

guys is there any way to get this app working over 3G/4G?

• Advertisement

Is there anyway to get it working at all??
    I still getting that sip error months later..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get it working at all??
    I still getting that sip error months later..

The last app updates seem to have sorted us out (Sony Experia J & iPhone4). App seems to be working fine on both.

Hmmm... It don't appearing as an update option for me in iTunes.
    I'll remove and reinstall see if it fixes it
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

Are some of the Network Operators blocking the use of the the UPC Phone App?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

That's cool. Installed on S5. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Installed last week, only working intermittently and not at all on H+. Disappointed as I may have kept my 240mb package but think I will downgrade now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are some of the Network Operators blocking the use of the the UPC Phone App?

Vodafone block most VOIP protocols, including SIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

So what's the best advice here lads, I just upgraded to the 240mb UPC package with calls + mobiles and have yet to try the app. Is the Horizon phone app working at all right now for anyone consistently?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

livEwirE wrote: »
    So what's the best advice here lads, I just upgraded to the 240mb UPC package with calls + mobiles and have yet to try the app. Is the Horizon phone app working at all right now for anyone consistently?

Best advice is to redirect all landline calls to your mobile ;) no app needed then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If my UPC bundle includes unlimted mobile calls and I connect to Wifi will I'm in the USA will I be charged for ringing an Irish mobile while I'm in the states? I can't find an answer to this any help please.

If my UPC bundle includes unlimted mobile calls and I connect to Wifi will I'm in the USA will I be charged for ringing an Irish mobile while I'm in the states? I can't find an answer to this any help please.
    No, you won't be charged. I've used the app in USA, Oz & UK. I don't have unlimited calls to mobiles (just anytime landlines) but wasn't charged.

Using the app anywhere over WiFi is the exact same as making calls that are included in your package from your home phone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

livEwirE wrote: »

I'm sorry to say it's not consistent. It continually disconnects from my home broadband, but far worse, it often refuses to connect, it says it timed out (in a millisecond). UPC could only advise to uninstall then reinstall. While this works, it's not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just wondering if anyone is having issues using the app over 3g today?
    I keep getting Enabled but offline message, but if I'm connected to a wifi then the app is working fine.

Not sure if its an app or a network issue, although I can use 3g with no issue for everything else :confused:

(Using Android app, MotoG and Tesco Mobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it doesn't work on 3g at all

sweetie wrote:
    it doesn't work on 3g at all

I was convinced I used in over 3g the other day. But just thinking it might have still been connected to the WiFi from outside the house

• Advertisement

According to UPC it now works on 3G ....
    Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working for me. If I'm on wifi its working but then if I leave the app open and turn off wifi, I get a green 3G icon for a few seconds, then it goes offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    According to UPC it now works on 3G ....
    Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working for me. If I'm on wifi its working but then if I leave the app open and turn off wifi, I get a green 3G icon for a few seconds, then it goes offline.

Really?... I'd been told it will only ever work on wifi... that is an interesting development if there are plans to have it work over 3G.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Really?... I'd been told it will only ever work on wifi... that is an interesting development if there are plans to have it work over 3G.

I quizzed them on it this morning as on the website it states wifi only but in the app itself it says wifi and 3g/4g.

At the weekend they told me wifi only but today they said both!

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I quizzed them on it this morning as on the website it states wifi only but in the app itself it says wifi and 3g/4g.

At the weekend they told me wifi only but today they said both!

Actually they've just messaged me to go back on that. Definite wifi only now!
    Kinda worrying that they dont seem to know fairly important details about the product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Horizon phone App updated to work over 3G/4G.

Advertisement