Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to that Iron Maiden concert?

Options
  • 11-04-2005 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

You know, the one in August with Marilyn Manson and special guests who I think I heard are System of a Down. I'm just wonder if anyone is actually going, I know loads of people from Temple Bar that are. Anyone here going?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ahh yea i think a few people on here will be probably . . .

I am for for ****in sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

I am an most of my Temple Bar friends are too!!!! I heard it was SOAD that were wit them but is it actually true?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

My boyfriend said that it is, I dunno who told him though. He hangs out at the bank in Temple Bar on the weekend and so many people he knows there are going, but I have to go with them as well, and I don't like some of them that much... Oh well. Do you hang out there at all mo_thoin? I don't.

Yip, i hang around there all the time!!!
    I'm only goin if i can get like 60e!!! but my friend says hes lookin into gettin me a backstage pass!!! i dont wanna get too hyped up about it in cant he cant get them though!!!

Cool! Hey, since you hang out there could you hang out with me some time? Maybe introduce me to people aswell? I don't really have any friends, and I never do anything on the weekends. What's your name and how old are you? Also, do you know Tadhg? Guy with long hair and bandana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i read this is a paper a couple of days ago,

(by the way i'm not a huge maiden fan so don't quote me on this)

there was an interview with their lead singer, he was talking about their last stop in dublin. He said that he brought out a union jack on the stage and the crowd started to boo.

what was that about, i mean you go to their concerts, you buy their merch and you buy their music yet you boo their nationality.

i'm surprised they are coming back to be honest

Rei-chan wrote:
    Cool! Hey, since you hang out there could you hang out with me some time? Maybe introduce me to people aswell? I don't really have any friends, and I never do anything on the weekends. What's your name and how old are you? Also, do you know Tadhg? Guy with long hair and bandana.
    Yeah, sure but right now i dunno if ill be allowed out cause my parents think im a junkie(i'm not!!) so i have to find out if im grounded next weekend!!! But i'll introduce you to all the ppl i know!!!
    I'm 16 on saturday!! an my names Jessie!! What about you?
    yeah, tadgh, i know who your talkin about!!! my friend was chasin him tryna spray him wit my perfume yesterday!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yea the ones booing the union jack were ****ing mongoloids. They hadnt a fecking clue what the trooper was about let alone the band id say.

SOAD wont be supporting it will Dragonforce (i hope!)

In happier news if your a swede. In Flames and Mostodon will be supporting Maiden in Sweden. We get Manson OH WHERE IS THE JUSTICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Damn Swedes... I'm going. Should be good. I'd like if System supported but I wouldn't have a lot of money on it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deadnight

Yep, I'mma goin'. I'm not all that pleased about the support though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gpd dam Rei-chan, i thought i was breaking the rulez with my sig size but thats just redicilious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Its a cool pic tho, I cant go coz the tickets are two dear, was at the last one in the point and Bruce said hed like to come back and play all the old favourites so I'd say itll be a good gig. I wont miss the Austrialian Pink Floyd Show tho.

mo_thoin wrote:
    Yeah, sure but right now i dunno if ill be allowed out cause my parents think im a junkie(i'm not!!) so i have to find out if im grounded next weekend!!! But i'll introduce you to all the ppl i know!!!
    I'm 16 on saturday!! an my names Jessie!! What about you?
    yeah, tadgh, i know who your talkin about!!! my friend was chasin him tryna spray him wit my perfume yesterday!!!!!

Okay! That would be great. And my name's Rachael, I'm 14. What part of Dublin you from?

And that other person, don't moan about my picture, I didn't mean for it to be that big... I'm sorry anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

system wont be supporting. there is a likelyhood that they'll support slipknot (june 10th i think). already on that bill are helmet.. granted only with one original member, but the music's the same :)

i also heard static-x could be playing either maiden or slipknot (again, it's more likely to be slipknot)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah Im going to that gig too, real pity manson isn't headlining. The ticket prices were a bit steep, so it better be really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

hell yeah I'm going!
    I don't really care that Mastodon aren't playing, I'll see them at Slayer anyway!
    and Manson rox!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm going. I'm really looking forward to it as Maiden have influenced alot of the bands that I'm into at the moment. Should be a good gig, I hear they put on a great show. It will be interesting to see what Manson is like too. Can't say I am the biggest fan of his music but I will give him a listen anyway.

Hopefully there will be some decent support along with them. Knowing this country there won't be though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Nope, 65 euro for one band for me is too much (yes I know MM is supporting, but I dont like him, so he doesnt count)

Saw them the last time they played the point - and the tickets were decently priced.

Roll on Slayer w/ Mastadon and roll on Nuclear Assault (let the thrash attack being all over again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SlipknotBitch9

system wont be supporting. there is a likelyhood that they'll support slipknot (june 10th i think). already on that bill are helmet.. granted only with one original member, but the music's the same :)

i also heard static-x could be playing either maiden or slipknot (again, it's more likely to be slipknot)
    nah, it is helmet and gizmachi (on clown from slipknot's new record label) who are supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'm going, but I don't know what time we're getting there at.

• Advertisement

Rei-chan wrote:
    Okay! That would be great. And my name's Rachael, I'm 14. What part of Dublin you from?

And that other person, don't moan about my picture, I didn't mean for it to be that big... I'm sorry anyways.
    Check your private messages!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Punk_ Drummer

hell yeah! Maiden'll be one of the best gigs that I've been too! I can't wait, it would be cool if SOAD came with them..Manson, gah..COVER BAND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ok what kinda chance is there that system are playing??Id defo go if system were defo playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Doubt it, since they're playing in Germany that day.....

I wouldn't think they're likely to turn up to either to be honest, maybe theres an outside chance they'd be at Oxegen or play a seperate gig, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I was gonna go before I heard about all these 'templebar' heads goin.. ughh.. children at gigs = no fun

Repli wrote:
    I was gonna go before I heard about all these 'templebar' heads goin.. ughh.. children at gigs = no fun
    Ha,ha!!!!! You're loss!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Rumours abound that MEGADETH and Papa Roach are being added to the line-up. Ticket sales are brutal as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

papa roach ugh that'd be annoying, would actually love to see a punk band on first cos manson and maiden are so different anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

ticket sales are brutal as despite the fact that MM may have a fanbase here, most fans are not willing to part with 65 to see just one band (either MM or Iron Maiden)

That is why I am not going, love to see Maiden again, but there is no way I can justify any of my money going towards MM - or any late announced support band*

*and it aint going to be megadeth, papa roach, or anything else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Super Glue

Opposite to Ph3n0M - Not a big maidan fan(used to be about 1988 ish
    when I heard 7th Son and Powerslave)
    but would love to see MM (hey could be a wicked stage show)
    but if I am going for fork out money 65-75 sheets want to make sure
    that the band I want to see is the headliner cause MM might only do 1 hour

Still will prob end up buying a late ticket tho

What is the crack with line up tho its completely f-ed up
    Why dont they have maiden with somebody else that their fan base would enjoy

And dream of dreams a NIN / Minisrty gig with Manson in support - twill never happen tho

Roll on slipknot was never really a fan till saw them at metallica last year

anyway that is my 2 cents worth

Later

Advertisement