Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

568-B or A wiring for eircom broadband extension

Options
  • 05-11-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hello, anyone know which type of wiring is used from eircom broadband connection, I need to make an extension cable 100ft cat6, is it 568-B or 568-A wiring meathod which should be used for extension cable, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

ranger4 wrote: »
    Hello, anyone know which type of wiring is used from eircom broadband connection, I need to make an extension cable 100ft cat6, is it 568-B or 568-A wiring meathod which should be used for extension cable, thanks.

It doesn't matter as long as it's the same on both ends of the cable. B
    B or A
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

B or A
    A

Thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So long as both ends are the same if does not matter but in practice it's always 568B standard. I have never seen A used anywhere even when working with guys from New Zeland and the US, they all use B and think we use A. I said the same to them, thought they used A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

So long as both ends are the same if does not matter but in practice it's always 568B standard. I have never seen A used anywhere even when working with guys from New Zeland and the US, they all use B and think we use A. I said the same to them, thought they used A.

I have come across plenty of places here that are A. Mainly work done by electricians

I always use B because I was taught that way.

I've only ever used A on one side of a crossover cable. Always B otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

B or A
    A

Unless it's GigE when it doesn't matter.

I've always used A, but I'm self taught...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Eircom use A for their cat 5 ethernet data port extensions they run for eVision, they only use 2 pairs, 4 of the 8 pins so the max would be 100mbit

Advertisement