Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Galway social group for bi-guys and galls?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

There are many different LGBT groups around Ireland. Some are LGBT, some are just for women, some just for men, some just for bi's....don't see the problem here?

What about members of the LGBT who may identify as Lesbian/Gay or Trans or may even identify as Straight but maybe exploring issues around Bisexuality?

As is often said on this Forum Sexuality is fluid. You cant box people into strict categories.

That said the group sounds like a fantastic idea! Would love to give it a go but unfortunatly am down in Limerick. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andanotherthing

I'd be up for a limerick group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Can't make the first I'm afraid but still interested in other meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jargonaut

apache wrote: »
    :confused:
    gay groups also have their own meets but it dosen't stop bisexuals coming along. imagine if that was suggested? there would be uproar!

I don't really care about that to be honest. Also some people like me would not be interested, comfortable or bothered being in a gay group or in an organisation like LGBT. It doesn't suit me, it doesn't suit my desired level of participation in the 'community' and it doesn't suit my desire to publicly announce my orientation (such as pride days etc). There is no compulsory order in existence that demands everyone, because they are gay or not, gets invited into a group of any description. That is determined by descriptive invitation at the discretion of the organisers and members not some philosophy that resides in the ether. I'm not gay and from experience and talking to gay friends who don't know I'm bi, some of their attitudes toward bisexual people quite frankly stinks. So each to their own. You don't have to come along if you don't like the Modus Operandi. Form your own group. We are just trying to sort ourselves out with people who understand how it feels to be bi, not gay not transgender etc. Just bi. Other groups have already been set up to deal with other sexual orientations and issues and you are free to join as many of them as you like until the cows come home! A lot of people who want to be involved in this group want to do so in a very private manner as they/we are not out. There are other issues in the background here other than pigeon holing sexual orientations or displaying a lack of fluidity. The fact is that sexuality is fluid for some and confirmed one way or another for others.

All interested will be emailed by me tomorrow privately, to let you know where to meet. It will be some where private in Galway City Centre at 7pm. Awaiting venue confirmation this evening. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,808 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

*bump* for kiwipower

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

*bump* for kiwipower

Thanks Mango Salsa your the best!

Actually, Just as a side thought, would it be possible to have some type of search function for the forum, where you can search through threads you have posted on?

Cheers

So,
    Am now back in Galway, Am exploring many new aspects of my personality, sexuality and being newly single in my mid 30s.
    Just wondering if this group is still running?
    If so I would like to join the meet ups.
    Would someone mind posting or PMing me the details?
    Cheers
    KP

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rocket_diva

curious. is this group still active or gone. any alternative groups ? kind of new to this shall we say and thought the idea of this group sounded like great support for newbies though I'm not so young. I'm in my 30's. I guess it would be nice to chat to females in similar situation.

curious. is this group still active or gone. any alternative groups ? kind of new to this shall we say and thought the idea of this group sounded like great support for newbies though I'm not so young. I'm in my 30's. I guess it would be nice to chat to females in similar situation.

Id say at a guess given its 3 years later its gone

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VSBeetle

Id say at a guess given its 3 years later its gone

It did just send me a notification though. I was too shy to come along to the group back in the day, no idea if I'm less shy now but I am still subscribed to the thread, at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Galwaystar

Count me in for this group if it gets started

Folks - theres no point in you all saying - "if something gets started" - it wont get started if you all say that

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VSBeetle

Yeah was about to say... :-D OK I work shifts, have kids, stay outside of town and don't know anything about meeting places in Galway. Now that I've got my excuses in what's everyone else's excuse? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Single father, bi and discreet, don't have a social life really, just work and be a dad, would love to get out meet new people in similar circumstances and enjoy life, have drinks, go the gym, hang out in good company! If anyone is interested get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GalwayGuy29

Single Father 28, bi discreet, not much of a social life, just work and be a dad, would like to meet like minded for pints, cinema maybe gym! Get in touch of interestinterested, just want to start living a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Bi Ireland have had a few meetups in Galway. Check their facebook page to see when another one will be coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep... old thread I know but I'm still going to respond. I'm setting up a group. I'm new to Galway and will hold the first get together in July. Any recommendations for venue? Sunday brunch? Friday night dinner? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Galwaystar

Friday night dinner would be nice...I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cozmon

Old post but I'll give it a try
    Married man 40, mostly spending time at work and home, probably bi curious as i wanted to meet a guy for absolutely desceet relationship. No parties no nights out , just someone who wouldn't declare his orientation to public but seems it's not quite possible, in Galway anyway,
    Ahh it's hard to find someone with same preferences in this little town

Advertisement