Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends or more?

Options
  • 15-09-2014 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Ok so here goes. I'm a 36 year old female in a relationship for the past 6 years with my partner who is 40. We both have a handful of very close friends (Separate friends who are now both of our friends) and I'm very happy with that. But she wants to get out more and meet new people whereas I'm happy in our little cocoon. Anyway I like doing everything together and she has no problem in doing things or going places without me, which I hate. But in fairness she doesn't do it very often. Anyway last year we met a lovely group of women through a social activity of my GFs. I made a new acquaintance (it takes me ages to consider someone a friend) and my GF made a new friend (another girl) I liked her but she seemed to have a real like for my GF and not really much for me. (She's supposedly not gay, however my gaydar went off the moment we met) So they stayed friends on Facebook but rarely spoke. So the annual activity has just been and gone and I couldn't make it this year, unfortunately. My GF went and met up with her friend. I've since seen pictures and the friend is very touchy feely with my GF. Of all of the group of women no one is touchy feely with any of the others. It seems that their friendship has developed more and they will most probably be getting in touch more often. Oh I must mention that my gf rushes in when trying to make new friends and is a terrible judge of character. Do you think I should be worried? Or is it perfectly normal for two women to form a healthy friendship? I'm sorry that this is all over the place, but we have a great relationship, although I do have a tendency to get jealous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm afraid this is coming from a straight dude. Hope you're cool with that?

Stop thinking so much! You're with somebody who made a commitment to you. She's made a friend. She made friends before you met. She made more after you met. She'll make more in the future, and best of luck to her with it.

Ye have different tempos (tempi?) when transitioning from acquaintance to friend. That's life. We all do.

Stop thinking so much!

Oh. And talk to her about it. Always good to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fabulousdeal

Of course I'm cool with that!! Yes I know you're right. I've always been a worrier, plus a full blown romantic, whereas my gf isn't so I guess I don't get the reassurance that I want sometimes. Yes we do try to talk about all of our worries etc. and we will continue to do so in the future.

Thank you so much for your reply!!

Advertisement