Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download festival-need help finding my way

Options
  • 18-04-2005 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

hey i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem im having getting to dowload,
    well i can only arrive at 4 airports in england from the airport im going from, either: london gatwick,standstead,luton or liverpool airport.
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me first of all which is closest to donnington?and second if anyone could give me a route planner e.g. i land in gatwick go to london city from there take the subway to the bus station and get the bus to download.
    This would help me a huge load please someone out there help me!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 incident

I know you said you've only got 4 airports to choose from, but it really is worth investigating other options. Nottingham East Midlands Airport is by far the closest, in fact you could literally walk to the site from there.. I don't know what airport you're starting from, but bmibaby have plenty flights to NEMA.

Ok, of the airports you mentioned, in order.

Luton - Train to Loughborough or Derby. Then a shuttle bus to the site. Direct trains will be available, although at certain times it might be quicker to change at Leicester.

Gatwick and Stansted are about the same. Stansted is geographically closer but the trains will be easier from Gatwick.

From Stansted take a train into London, then the Tube to Kings Cross, walk to St Pancras station and take the first train to Loughborough or Derby (passing through Luton Airport station on the way). Gatwick is marginally easier as you can get a direct train from the Airport to Kings cross, although either way you're looking at a minimum of 2 and a half hours

Liverpool? Don't even bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Go to east midlands if you can,even if it is a little more expensive.
    The hassle it will save you is worth it.
    I went last year with my bro and got a bus to the site and then had
    about a 20 minute walk at most back to the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

And Im the bro, and you really should get to east midlands. And bring a seat for the huge queue. We would be going this year 'cept for the little 'un has his leaving cert, damn education.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Like they say - even with a tent, East Midlands Airport is only 30 mins walk from Donnington castle, and Ryanair fly there twice a day, direct from Dublin. Pretty crap airport though...

Yeah it really is a boring airport.we had to wait a few hours for
    our flight...I went through zoo weekly many times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

east midlands airport you say?hmmm went to ryanair .com and i cant find it,is it under a different name or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Kersh wrote:
    And Im the bro, and you really should get to east midlands. And bring a seat for the huge queue. We would be going this year 'cept for the little 'un has his leaving cert, damn education.

whats the queue for?

To get in to the festival.Last year we had to wait about 4 hours :mad: standing in a queue.And we got lucky some people were 7 hours!! :eek: .This year they say they are going to improve the queueing....
    but can you ever believe what a promoter says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

East Midlands, or Nottingham Airport, airport code EMA.

Dont walk it people. Get the shuttle bus to car park 7. You will literally hear the festival from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

More Directions from Ticketmaster site

From the South via the M1 : Leave the M1 at junction 23A following the signs to East Midland Airport (A453) and tourist signs for Donington.
    From the North via the M1 : Leave the M1 at junction 24 and then follow signs for the airport and then Donington.
    From the South West via the M5 and M40 to the M42 : From the M5 join the M42 at Junction 4A. From the M40 join the M42 northbound at junction 3A. Exit the A42 at junction 14, following the signs for the airport and Donington onto the A453. Clearly signposted from here.
    From the North via the M6 : Leave the M6 at junction 15, heading from Stoke-on-Trent and the Uttoxeter (A50 Bypass). Once onto the A50, continue right through following the signs to Uttoxeter/Derby and later picking up the signs for the M1. Leave the A50 at the junction signposted Donington, Long Eaton and Shardlow. Follow exit off the roundabout signposted Castle Donington and Donington Park. Continue through Castle Donington village and it is clearly signposted from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement