Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Vote please!!!

• 07-02-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,
    I still haven't made up my mind yet so I'll made up groups of different combination .

What you guys need to do its just pick randomly from A-D and a subject from list : biology, chem , history , art and business studies.
    Guys please vote , just randomly would be fine, please leave a letter down below whether its A,B,C or D
    Thankyou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Biology A

???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

C-Business Studies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Your subject choice is important. Don't leave random strangers on the internet choose it for you! Think long and hard about which subject to choose. Consider what you might need for future courses and how well you might do in the subject. Only you can choose which subject to do.

Biology is a nice subject. It's kinda like a more-detailed study into JC Biology. It's not overly difficult but has a lot of learning. I like Biology because, at least for me, it's a subject you don't have to panic about. It's fair and not too complicated and the experiments are quite nice too.

Chemistry is little more difficult imo, but it's still quite enjoyable. There's a bit of maths to it but I wouldn't worry too much if you're not a mathsy-type person! There's a good bit of experimentation on the course and some of the theory is actually interesting.

Business is a very theory heavy subject! It's learning, learning, learning. But don't let that put you off! If you do actually learn the stuff, it's not very tough. The only thing I don't like about business are the ABQs (Applied Business Questions) which are a bit of a turn-off for me anyways!

If I were you, I'd ask a mod to move this thread to the LC forum, where you'll get some opinions off people who do the subjects. Please think carefully and cautiously about choosing your LC subjects!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Your subject choice is important. Don't leave random strangers on the internet choose it for you! Think long and hard about which subject to choose. Consider what you might need for future courses and how well you might do in the subject. Only you can choose which subject to do.

Biology is a nice subject. It's kinda like a more-detailed study into JC Biology. It's not overly difficult but has a lot of learning. I like Biology because, at least for me, it's a subject you don't have to panic about. It's fair and not too complicated and the experiments are quite nice too.

Chemistry is little more difficult imo, but it's still quite enjoyable. There's a bit of maths to it but I wouldn't worry too much if you're not a mathsy-type person! There's a good bit of experimentation on the course and some of the theory is actually interesting.

Business is a very theory heavy subject! It's learning, learning, learning. But don't let that put you off! If you do actually learn the stuff, it's not very tough. The only thing I don't like about business are the ABQs (Applied Business Questions) which are a bit of a turn-off for me anyways!

If I were you, I'd ask a mod to move this thread to the LC forum, where you'll get some opinions off people who do the subjects. Please think carefully and cautiously about choosing your LC subjects!

Thank you , but I really dont know what subject i want to do /what i want at all. Please Help :( and how to move this thread to the LC forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Well start with these few questions:

• Did you do Science for the Junior Cert?
    • How did you get on in Science?
    • Did you like the Chemistry section?
    • Did you like the Biology section?
    • Did you do Business for the Junior Cert?
    • How did you find the theory side (i.e. the consumer, banking, budgeting, industrial relations - basically most stuff apart from accounts)
    • Did you do History for the JC? How did you find it?
    • Are you good at Art?
    • What other subjects do you do?
    • What kind of subject area are you most keen on? (i.e. science, languages, art/music, practical subjects, etc)
    • What kind of work would you like to do after school?
    • How can you get into this work after school?
    • Do your LC subjects affect your chances of getting this job?

Start asking yourself some of these questions and you'll soon find a way to choose your subjects more easily!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

did my leaving cert last year, I'd recommened if you're not sure to definitely do a science subject and a language. if I had my chance again I would not do business as I found the course too long and particular along with my other subjects and feel I would have been better off with the likes of geography where the project takes a percentage of marks and takes a little pressure off for the actual exam

clairek6 wrote: »
    did my leaving cert last year, I'd recommened if you're not sure to definitely do a science subject and a language. if I had my chance again I would not do business as I found the course too long and particular along with my other subjects and feel I would have been better off with the likes of geography where the project takes a percentage of marks and takes a little pressure off for the actual exam

what about History?

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Well start with these few questions:

• Did you do Science for the Junior Cert?
    • How did you get on in Science?
    • Did you like the Chemistry section?
    • Did you like the Biology section?
    • Did you do Business for the Junior Cert?
    • How did you find the theory side (i.e. the consumer, banking, budgeting, industrial relations - basically most stuff apart from accounts)
    • Did you do History for the JC? How did you find it?
    • Are you good at Art?
    • What other subjects do you do?
    • What kind of subject area are you most keen on? (i.e. science, languages, art/music, practical subjects, etc)
    • What kind of work would you like to do after school?
    • How can you get into this work after school?
    • Do your LC subjects affect your chances of getting this job?

Start asking yourself some of these questions and you'll soon find a way to choose your subjects more easily!

em... Lets see
    1.yes I did science for JC
    2. I got a B HL not too bad
    3.its okay I like the acid and base section
    4.its okay I like learning how our body works
    5. I did business for JC
    6.its was easy to learn , realistic like
    7.I'm okay in art, lack of foundation skills due to our art teacher 2yr absent But i got an A HL suprised
    9. i have no particular subject that i most keen on
    8.???
    10. Maybe science? Sounds good to me but of course its gonna tough to do and I'm a slow absorber / bit dumb
    or something to do with art or teaching?
    11.IDK no idea
    12.yes i think so ,eg chemistry might affect me if i want get into pharmaceutical.
    I have no idea what i want but i think I'll know when i get older but i do hope i won't pick the subjects eg if i suddenly want to do pharmaceutical or human nutrition then I'll need chemistry and one other science subject but i would only have biology. Picking subjects is wrecking my head.
    Thank you everyone who's helping me :)

Advertisement