Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed!

Options
  • 14-01-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Adverts | Friends

Hi all
    I was adopted from temple hill in 1971. I searched for my birth mother about 5 years ago and within a week they had located her. I wrote her a letter through the nuns and recieved one back. I even received some sort of document stating i was born in the sefton general hospital liverpool. I found out i have 2 brothers and a sister living somewhere in dublin and have heard nothing back since

I dropped it and closed it off becasue it was causing too much stress and pain to me,

heres where it gets even more messed up. Recently i got a letter asking me to contact this girl which i did, she claims to be my sister. But her mother actually lived across the road from me when i lived with my adopted paRENTS. She said she had me in the isle of man not liverpool.

What i am asking is, is it possible that patrricks guild or temple hill made up these letters and certificate from sefton hospital and i am indeed this womans child

i am in turmoil at the minute and can not think clearly and am hoping someone can make head or tail of this tragic situation

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You need to contact SPG immediately and ask them to verify the information you were given by them previously. I would also ask them to verify information that has come to light (you don't need to tell them from whom or how) which casts doubt on the information you were previously given.

I would also contact the Adoption Authority to be honest and ask them to verify the information (both sets).

It is a mess- and I can only imagine whats going through your mind- but you need to step back and confirm information before you do anything- as the potential hurt to both you and the lady who thinks she is your birthmum, is enormous, if an incorrect match is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piebald99

Ive completely had my world turned upside down by this. I met the girl who says she is my sister and she says i look very like her mum, same features,.

To make this even harder to understand, if thats possible, my adopted parents were both alcoholics and a few times went over to this lady and asked her why she wouldnt say hello to her son,,this woman did give up a child but how in gods name could i end up across the road from where i was born

the woman claiming to be my mum said that she left me with a foster house in the sandymount area and from there i went to temple hill..is it possible that they falsified the documents and sent me across the road from where i was born

My head is like a washing machine on full spin here but i know i have to ring them on monday. I swore i would not buy into this as it could hurt me again for the 3rd time but if it turns out to be false i will be devastated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In short- yes, its entirely possible that the documentation was either falsified, or possibly misfiled. You *need* to verify information before you do anything else- the Adoption Authority have a copy of all files, if necessary, use them as a conduit.

If there is anything any of us here can do to help, please let us know.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piebald99

Thanks for all your help shane, i suppose i just wanted to get it out there cause its going around in my head, i wanted to see if people thought it was possible,

Thanks again and i will return with any news i get

Brian

Advertisement