Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn Mince

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

try lincolnshire sausages
    availabe in dublin too! the health store in stillorgan is one place that deffo has it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For Cauldron sausages, theya re in Nourish beside Cornucopia too.
    Still don't know about the west.
    Information courtesy of sweet-rasmus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

The cauldron Tofu is yummy :) haven't tried anything else in the range.I can see how ppl are saying quorn is processed foods but 1.its a lot better then some of the other processed food options you could have and 2.if you have for example the quorn chicken fillet and veg thats not a bad meal choice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

those quorn roasts are a bit rubbery at first but.... let them go cold and then if you're having a curry or whatever, tear (don't cut... tear) it into longish strips and fry it quickly to give a slightly crispy edge and at the last minute add to the main meal. Surprisingly delicious.

Tivall sausages and other stuff is pretty good too, more kosher than veggie but handy to have in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

anyone feel really awful after the quorn brand shephards pie - pretty tasty but I can't imagine anyway healthy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I had some before, it was lovely.

anyone feel really awful after the quorn brand shephards pie - pretty tasty but I can't imagine anyway healthy

I've never eaten the pre-made Shepard's pie but I would usually use Quorn mince and 'pieces' in my own recipe. Great stuff. I've never thought of Quorn as being unhealthy, processed yes but not necessarily unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've had the Quorn chicken nuggets a few times. They taste delicious at first but there's a bit of a strange aftertaste that puts me off. I'll have one or two with something else alright. The Quorn sausages taste weird to me as I'm used to Irish sausages, although they did taste identical to sausages I've had in Germany. The Quorn mince is absolutely revolting.

try the realeat chicken nugget type things, much nicer. As for sausages there are FAR nicer ones than the quorn ones. Mince has to go into a foodto taste good, and be cooked well, or else it is crap. Won food of the year though.

Quorn sausages are great in a stew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Not bad as hot dog sausages either. Obviously a bit small for that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I think Quorn sausages smell like flowers, or perfume. Very offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

I do like the chicken style pieces, mince, sandwich stuff and all but the sausages are rank!
    If you want HotDags get Tesco's veggie hotdogs, they're lovely.
    Dunnes do some too but they're not as nice!

I foyu like the tesco ones you will love vegan ones, far far nicer, but more expensive by a good bit.

Smell like flowers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

conar that's weird. i couldn't taste the difference between the tesco and dunnes hot dogs. :confused: methinks my tastebuds are diminishig.

i have yet to find the vegan ones. and i am going crazy because i want to have frankfurters and sauerkraut for my dinner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

was in tesco in rathfarnham a couple of weeks ago and they had a few 'new' quorn products in stock - the unbreaded fillets which are great if you're adding a sauce to them and a cheese escalope kind of thing - still nowhere near the UK choice but it's a start. btw all this muck about veggies shouldn't eat meat substitutes is delusional it's food that's not dead that's good enough for me.

Advertisement