Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disappointed with Horizon box

• 02-10-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I got a horizon box a couple of months ago and I am most disappointed with it. It has the worst EPG I have ever seen. When I say a EPG it really seems to be a timer with programmes displayed instead of a clock but still goes by times rather than actual programmes starting times. I have added extra time to the recordings but I still have lost end of recording when there has been a late start of more than 5 mins to the transmission.
    The screen graphics are sparse and hard to see with very poor navigation from the remote. When compared to the older Cisco HD box or the Humax satellite box. I was surprised to see such a overall bad product from Samsung , I was drawn to upgrade to horizon because of the multi channel recording facility but I find the ease of use is nowhere as good as my previous UPC boxes.A lso why are HD versions of channels all mixed up in the higher channel numbers.
    Is there a way of increasing the size of text of on screen as it is very small in all menu's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

HD channels overwrite the sd channel where the channel is the same in sd and HD schedule wise.

You can add more time to end if recordings if you like default is 15 before and 5 Mins after.

The text could be bigger.

I have absolutely no problems with the remote TBH.

The interact takes a little getting used to. It's based on xbmc and not on the previous boxes so there quite a few differences that take a while to become familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

I use at lease 4 boxes as I set boxes in 2 or 3 locations for other members of my family who are not tech savy. I find that the Horizon is the least ergonomic for ease of use maybe its just me .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

I bought in Dublin 4 months ago knowing prices will probably drop a few % over remainder of this year/next year. Depends on personal circumstances as we've baby on the way but you could drive yourself mad second guessing the market. If you find a house you can afford now and want to live there long-term go for it IMO.

Archaeoliz wrote:
    My Home's Q3 report seems to reflect what I'm seeing. Moderating prices, but rising gently, Growth in the mid-single digits (5%) sounds about right, but IMHO it's on the high side to be sustainable for those requiring a mortgage. I think it may well slip down to 2% growth to match annual salary increases, but only if the CB rules are allowed to stay for the medium to long term (5-20 years). Supply is still relatively low and keeping prices higher than they would be due to the laws of supply and demand.

haymur wrote:
    I use at lease 4 boxes as I set boxes in 2 or 3 locations for other members of my family who are not tech savy. I find that the Horizon is the least ergonomic for ease of use maybe its just me .

Why there is no mute option on the remote is the most weird thing ever...else I am fine with remote...

You can mute only if paired with TV remote...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

The crux of this is that it's a pan European product being flogged out to liberty global affiliates to sell. The true problem is that centrally despite all the feedback, nothing is done with the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

I asked UPC about some of the none features and poor layout on screen,they said there may be a firmware/software in the future (no date commitment )

• Advertisement
Advertisement